KH1/KH7Z Baker Island

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Jun 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

Made it on 17m FT8 after a handful of calls on day two of the expedition, so I'm pretty happy with that. Now, to find some time to chase them on SSB and CW :)

2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

We've all 'smelled' that at one time or another. One of the things I've learned by DX'ing for 50 years is that the feeling is usually short-lived.

Not that it probably helps but I recall the first Kingman Reef expedition which I couldn't work for the first few days and thinking I never would... The next day got them on 4 bands.

3. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice to get the confirms on 40m CW and 20m phone. Another ATNO (#312 Mixed) in the books. I might wake up early for an 80m try or might call this done for me.

4. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Another log update posted, through 6/30 at 1929Z

5. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes! My QSO at 1919Z is in!

6. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I finally think I'm in!! So I was chasing him on 40cw this morning with little luck.. he wasn't too strong and I'm sure I was probably getting pounced on. Well, he went qrx for a few. I tuned the vfo a little and heard a station calling on 7022.. sure enough it was him. I quickly listened to the pileup.. or lack thereof.. they hadn't caught on! I dropped my TX frequency down a little to 024 or 025 ... dropped a few calls and sure enough he came back to my call perfectly. He worked someone else after me and then he was spotted on 7022.. and the chaos was back on. Bam! Now to just wait for the log update!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  7. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Conditions are very poor for me...I can barely hear the QRM and band police.....whispering ..up up up

8. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good signal here in N WI on 40 CW this morning. Wish I would have gotten up earlier, before the rest of the pile :(

9. N6RGR

N6RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like my 20 meter SSB contact was incomplete:(. I will have to try again. I am going to set up FT8 DX expedition mode and see how that works out. I will also try 20 meters and 17 meters again. I will probably try for a 30 meter and 40 meter CW contact during the week, maybe it will be a bit less hectic. I have not spotted them on 40 meters? Anyone have a contact on that band?

Roger N6RGR

10. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Bummer, but there's still time.

I haven't tried FT8 myself. Not hating on the mode, just haven't taken the time to set it up. I probably should before winter, I need to finish DXCC on 75/80.

Yes, on the 29th at about 0600 UTC.