ad: hrd-2

KH1/KH7Z Baker Island

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Jun 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Me too, Pat.

Holy Moses! What a mess... I did hear him work some sixes though, so you have hope!

I tried. Maybe again tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm not gonna try all that hard, since I have a set of contacts from the last expedition there, mostly on the upper bands. Just need 40/ 80.

But "need" is a relative term isn't it?

2. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Only one dxpedition comes to mind that had an ATNO day.. (maybe it was heard island?).

Regarding FT8, I did see this on their site:

• We are not promoting band/slot bingo on this DXpedition. Our intent is to work as many stations as possible and we will use several bands to reach our audience. Please consider working us on other modes on a band where you have not worked us on FT8. We will certainly work all callers, but hopefully you will share in our quest to reach as many stations as possible.
    They are asking people to refrain from making more than one FT8 QSO. Yet I see people spot "Thnx, FT8 on 4 bands now!". Meanwhile... still trying to make a QSO with them. I can only hear them for a short while on 30/40 in the mornings..

3. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Just worked them on 20 CW but missed their final "TU" due to one of these $%@! uppers. But they didn' call me again, what they usually do several times when they don't get a reply, so I think I'm in. Let's wait for the next log upload.

This was hard work (100W and Hexbeam here). FT-8 was much easier, but also much less fun.

I think that was it for me. Never heard them on other bands so far.

4. WA4BCS

WA4BCS Ham Member QRZ Page

To me that says if you work them on 20m FT8 you should not try to work 20m SSB.

5. K0MB

K0MB Ham Member QRZ Page

With rare logbook updates are they being relaxed with working them again? I feel like I have to, to be sure.

6. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Before the technology existed, we were always mindful of the possibility of a "not in log" response and therefore made another qso different band/mode to ensure that didn't happen. I infer from many comments here that people still strive for multiple qso regardless of the assurance an online log provide which pretty much defeats its purpose.

7. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Try 20 CW 10:15 PM to 11 and after, their fairly strong here.

8. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

They are strong right now with few calling on 20 cw (7pm local). And my antenna is 8 ft high.

9. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

At my station, they were louder on 20 CW this evening than they've been for the whole time thus far. Finally got 'em at 00:19Z. ATNO. The DXpedition ops have great ears and are doing a fine job.

I'm sorely disappointed with the behavior of a few of my fellow amateurs, to wit: those who zero beat the DXpedition transmit frequency and then begin tuning; those who send "up" about 10 times in a row followed with expletives; those who go "up" about 0.5 Kc and send their call signs in an endless loop; etc.

KG5THG likes this.
  10. K0MB

K0MB Ham Member QRZ Page

The aroma of skunk has begun to hang heavy in my shack.