KH1/KH7Z Baker Island

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Jun 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Ran my TONER cartridge out of ink trying to print out the help files for it!!!

2. WA6MHZ

yep, all that is clear. Followed the guide to the letter, but that doesn't mean it works!

3. WA6MHZ

My Radio Shack is CURSED. I must have beaten some RB out in a pileup and he was a WITCH and put a curse on me!

4. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Spent some time again today listening to the pileups. Do people really don't know how to change their transmit frequency?
    It's not the folks who can't figure out split operation - they eventually figure out what button to push.

It's the people who park on one frequency incessantly calling with no regard to figuring out where the KH1 is listening. And I noticed it on both SSB and CW today.

5. WA6MHZ

Nailed them on 20 CW, tried on 15M, will try again tommorrow. Light sigs on 15M

6. WA4BCS

WA4BCS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Works for me--got them on 20m FT8 this afternoon.

7. N6RGR

N6RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Tried this evening on 20 meters SSB - Lots of noise but he responded back on my first try. Some lids did not realize the OP was working split. The pile-up was not as bad as last night. So an ATNO on SSB!!! Now to break out the key and try for a CW contact. I may try FT8, but would rather get an RTTY contact.

God luck and 73,

Roger N6RGR

8. KK6RKY

KK6RKY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I spent most of the evening with FT8 calling on 20 meters with no luck. Then when they called CQ EU, I knew that I wouldn't be getting through anytime soon, so I switched to 30 meters where the propagation conditions were good and within a few minutes had a contact! Be flexible, keep trying, and good luck.
    Erik

9. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

So I worked them on 20m FT8 as an ATNO. Fine.

But I miss that satisfaction after getting a rare one in a big CW pile up after hours of trying, swearing, gnawing at the edge of my station desk when the DQRMers and Uppers bury the DX.

Sigh.

10. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I wonder when they are going to upload their log? The website says 'Frequently'.

I've worked them on 20 and 40 SSB. I hate to work a dupe for insurance, but if they don't upload soon I'm going to do it. :(