KH1/KH7Z Baker Island

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Jun 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I listened to them and the pileup for a while on 20m cw this afternoon while they were working the US, Europe and JAs concurrently. Don't need it so didn't call. The only problem i noticed is the seeming abundance of people who can't figure out how to push a 'split'button on their appliance.

W1BR and KP4SX like this.
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I heard them too on CW. The level of competency on split operation is at a new low.

3. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

I was able to work them at 12:24Z on 40m CW into EL09PN this morning. They were 579. Since then I have heard them a lot weaker than that on 20m. Tried on phone for 30 min but the west coast wall is too high.

4. K1TGX

K1TGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

At 9:00Z I could barely hear them on 20cw - did hear some of the EU stations calling them 3 up. For the next hour they never were really above the noise.

5. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Tried to work it on 40m SSB this morning. They got part of my call.... once. :(

So, went to 30m FT8 and in less than 10 minutes...

[​IMG]

6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Easily worked on 20SSB last night, not that I need a phone contact. watching DX Summit for them to come up on CW. I am not up to speed on FT-8 to work them using that. I only have to HOPE the do some RTTY for us OLD TIMERS

K7MH likes this.
  7. K0MB

K0MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I got them Dexpedition Blues- when I hear them well they are callin' "CQ EU"!

8. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Same here. I am messing around with FT-8 today. It has been a long time since I last used it at all. I am not sure what I am doing with it anymore. RTTY is more fun.

9. WA4BCS

WA4BCS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You must use ver 1.9 to use the Fox/Hound feature. A must read to understand and setup is the FT8 Dxpediton Mode User Guide from K1JT.

KG5THG, N6RGR and KP4SX like this.
  10. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Spent truly all day trying to get the #$#$#@#@#*^*&^ FT-8 to work. It was transmitting at first, but things went downhill from there. Now it randomly shuts down my laptop with some kind of FATAL ERROR that the computer decides requires a reboot.
    So I TORE MY HAIR OUT all day. I copied them fine, lotta good it did!
    The more I try to use FT-8 the more I HATE IT!!!
    I only pray they will do some good old fashioned RTTY before the expedtion is over!!!