KG5JPG has NOTHING FOR SALE OR TRADE

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KG5JPG, Aug 2, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. KG5JPG

KG5JPG Ham Member QRZ Page

I promise I don't but someone has contacted a member offering some very dubious goods with my call sign. I am not selling anything and I apologize to all who may have been bothered by these Aholes.. Again, I am offering NOTHING for sale or trade. any offers form KG5JPG are a scam of some sort. Thanks, Philip

2. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was the one contacted. No worries there - it had the usual scam tip offs.

3. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been stringing along some clown who claimed to be you as well. Seemed fishy to me immediately. But YOU do share much of the blame. I say you were targeted because you do not list an email address on your profile page. Use a crappy Yahoo account or something similar like I do. If you had listed an email address, I would have contacted you immediately. How was someone else able to contact you to alert you to this?

He was NEVER going to get a penny from me, but I asked what payment plan I should use. What a shock when he came back with PayPal - Friends and Family. I told him no because we were not friends, so he asked if I would pay the fee. What? If I used Goods and Services and added in the fee, I would have buyer protection. What was his game?

So I decided to play stupid and asked how much the fee was. Of course I know it is 3% plus 30 cents, but I was curious what amount he would come back with, since he was obviously hoping I was stupid. I was really shocked when he said "you're paying check it". Is he getting wise that I am just playing with him? I decided to let him stew over it and have not responded yet.

For the record he used Phil's callsign @ gmail to contact me. And this is how I was instructed to send him the payment - I will take paypal, my paypal email is chukwunonsookereke@yahoo.com
    You would need to use family and friends so I can pay for your shipping.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You should not have to list your email, Why would you need to if you are not selling anything ?

I get more scammers and spam because I do have my email listed. :eek: I know where they got the address from. Hover over does not help either.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  5. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Philip,

I would post something to your bio page addressing the issue. Most will look you up and se your bio page but they may not se this thread.

kg5jpg_nothing_for_sale.jpg

If you like you can use the screen shot that I have posted for you. Just copy it to your desktop then upload it to your picture directory on the server, then add it to your bio page. If you need help just let me know.

6. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

This is what I have on my QRZ page. I use to like to play with scammers but I just don't have the energy to do so anymore.
    Untitled-1.jpg
    John, WB0MPB

N6QIC likes this.
  7. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello John,
    Very good, much better that only posting the message in the forum. But there is still nothing in his bio page, Oh well we can't help everyone even when we try to help.

8. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

We can only help those that want to be helped and will listen and take heed.
    John