KG4OGN

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by KG4UUJ, Sep 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KG4UUJ

KG4UUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I met KG4OGN on QRZ. He said he had a Yaesu FT-2200 for sale. We emailed back and forth and I purchased his radio ($75 plus $15 shipping) which he said was in good working order. When it arrived I found out that the finals are gone. Below are the emails that we swapped back and forth.

Mike,
     Did they say what was wrong with it? I had a QSO with that radio about 8
    minutes before I packed it up and I got an excellent report! Could shipping
    have caused it?? I did insure the radio { I had a very similar experiance
    about 2 month's before, I was supposed to be trading a scanner for a radio
    for my sister, and for some reason it did not work when the guy recieveed it
    [I think he did something to it though, because his story does not check
    out] but if you can e-mail me at flacap_342@msn.com from now on, and I will
    get you'r e-mails a lot faster, but please let me know if this problem was
    caused by shipping, because like I said, it worked right up till I boxed it
    up. Thanks
                                                      Alexander

>From: "Mike Blanton" <mblanton@wk.net>
    >To: "Alexander Tubonjic" <kg4ogn@hotmail.com>
    >Subject: Yaesu FT-2200
    >Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:43:48 -0500
    >
    >Hi,
    >      I got some bad news. I took the radio to a local ham shop to have it
    >evaluated before I installed it and the trasmitter does not work. It will
    >receive, but will not put out any power on transmit. I need to make
    >arrangements to return the radio and for you to refund my money. Please
    >contact me as soon as you can so we can get this taken care of. If we
    >resolve this matter I will post an outstanding reference for you on the QRZ
    >board. I realize that you probably had no idea that the radio didn't work
    >like it was supposed to. I will be waiting to hear from you.
    >
    >Mike Blanton, KG4UUJ

Mike,
    I will have to get the money from my Mother since she "borrowed" the money to get gas and foodshopping done, buit I will see what I can do.
                                                                                                          Alexander

----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 10:27 PM
    To: flacap_342@msn.com
    Subject: Yaesu FT-2200

Alexander,

When the package arrived the box was in perfect condition. I felt that the unit was packaged for shipping very well. As far as trying to claim the insurance, it is the sender's responsibility to file the claim. I will be glad to send you the box you mailed it in if you need it for insurance purposes. In the meantime, we need to make arrangements for me to return the unit to you and for you to return my money to me. Let me know if you need anything.

Mike, KG4UUJ

Mike,
    I am sorry, I sent the thing out working,... I am and have been trying to get some money together, the airconditioning went out about 3 day's ago and in the daytime it is over 115 gegree's F and at night it is 105 F. We did not get the mone this month like we were supposed to, so I am very sorry, I don't know what happened to the radio, did the repair shop say what could be wrong with it, or exactly how much power it was putting out? Like I said it does not have a lot of hour's on it. Thanks and sorry again.
                                                                                                    Alexander KG4OGN 73!

Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 7:45 AM
    To: Alexander Tubonjic
    Subject: Re: Yaesu FT-2200

We need to resolve this matter as soon as possible. Please send money to Mike Blanton, 9417 State Route 80W, Mayfield, KY  42066.

I have not heard from him since then and don't expect that I will. He kept telling me that the radio worked right before he shipped it, but I believe he new exactly what was wrong with it and sold it any way. As a result of my experience with KG4OGN I will no longer be interested in trading with anyone on QRZ. Frankly I don't have the time or the money to waste. One bad apple has ruined the whole bunch for me.

P.S. If anyone would like to make an offer on a non-transmitting, but receiving FT-2200 email me and make me an offer.

Mike - KG4UUJ

2. N4TIA

N4TIA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,
    What is it with some older people? It seem's to me that someone hear's 14 year's old or see's someone under 20 they are going to try and rip them off! This is my second experience with a ham on qrz, sixth experience with a ham overall, and about my hundreth with a "grownup". It seem's to me that people {some people not all, some of them are very good and very honest and understanding} Just the other day I was asking a question to a guy about a Yaesu FT-920, this guy was a ham, and he was looking to sell his 920. So I aske how much he wanted for it. He said $1000.00, I said it is only like $200.00 more brand new, he then tried to say, but this one has the optinal antenna tuner, optional filter's {when I asked hi which one's he could not answer} so i walked away. It just seem's that people are alway's doing that to me, {I dont know if they do that to anybody else my age or not?} All I know is I sent it out working and I can not say whether the Post Office decided to play football with the radio or not, but it was working. I do not know what else to say! From know on I quess I will have to keep my age to myself. One last thing, I alway's hear that it is so good that it is so good that I got licensed at 13, and I have been into it for over a year and to get my friend's intrested in it, I am starting to wonder if starting a ham radio club in my high school was such a good idea. If people are going to try and take advantage of us {us being people 18and under} I dont think this hobby will last much longer. Again it is not everyone out there that is doing this, just a select few. Thanks for listening to 14 year's of people following me around the store and then talking down on me like I was from another country. I have accomplished more in 14 year's then most of these people have in there life! Thanks again and 73!
    Alexander KG4OGN 73!

3. KG4UUJ

KG4UUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I received this email from KG4OGN today:

"Mike,
    I have not heard from you! You said that I knew exactly what was wrong with the radio. Do not think so, everything worked fine on it. You say the finals blew, well itwas connected to the same antenna up until I sent it out [and that antenna had flat SWR across the board} so the idea that I blew the finals...?I have not heard from you and figured that you, well I don,t know what I figured. This is the second trade that has gone sour and I will refrain from selling/swapping anything on QRZ because people seem to think that because they are dealing with a teenager he must be new to the hobby, doesnt know what he is talking about... Well I have been involved in emergency communicatons for over 3 years and I think I know what equipment of mine works and what equipment of mine does not work. That one worked when it was boxed up, from then on out, I can not say! Maybe shipping did it {Boxes do tend to vibrate and knock around in trucks and in planes during takeoff and landing} I k!
    now my dad is a truck driver and I have flown Cessnas before and still do.So all I can say is that it was working when I put it in the box. I cant take back something that worked when it was brought, and returned DOA. Try going to Wal-Mart, Bestbuy... buy something, and take it back a month after you brought it, its not going to happen {trust me} You say it does not transmit, well if that is the case you have your self a very nice scanner for 75.00, I dont know what to tell you. I sent it out in working order, I am sorry if it did not arrive that way!"

The day I received the radio from KG4OGN I took it directly to a extra class ham who has been around amateur radio for at least 50 years. He examined the radio, hooked it up and determined that the finals were gone. The package was not damaged during shipping, it arrived in great condition (box and packing materials). $75 was stolen from me and in return I received a paper weight. I hope that everyone that reads this is able to learn a valuable lesson.

4. N4TIA

You say I stole from you? Could you tell me how you came to that conclusion? Also it is a funny thing, how you don't post all of you'r e-mail's you sent to me! Also I will be taking you'r advice: "KG4OGN THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU TRADE" from know on I will: A. Have more contact {to find out what kind of a person the party is that I will be dealing with} and B. Get a signed form that say's the piece of equipment does indeed work! Also what type of antenna did you'r extra class friend hook the radio up to? {I know extra's that don't know the diffrence between HF and VHF, then again I know tech's who could start their own school for HAM radio and radio repairs!} So again, the radio worked when it was sent out!
                                                         Alexander

5. K1WEY

K1WEY Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kg4uuj @ Sep. 26 2002,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I met KG4OGN on QRZ. He said he had a Yaesu FT-2200 for sale. We emailed back and forth and I purchased his radio ($75 plus $15 shipping) which he said was in good working order. When it arrived I found out that the finals are gone. Below are the emails that we swapped back and forth.

Mike,
    Did they say what was wrong with it? I had a QSO with that radio about 8
    minutes before I packed it up and I got an excellent report! Could shipping
    have caused it?? I did insure the radio { I had a very similar experiance
    about 2 month's before, I was supposed to be trading a scanner for a radio
    for my sister, and for some reason it did not work when the guy recieveed it
    [I think he did something to it though, because his story does not check
    out] but if you can e-mail me at flacap_342@msn.com from now on, and I will
    get you'r e-mails a lot faster, but please let me know if this problem was
    caused by shipping, because like I said, it worked right up till I boxed it
    up. Thanks
    Alexander

&gt;From: &quot;Mike Blanton&quot; &lt;mblanton@wk.net&gt;
    &gt;To: &quot;Alexander Tubonjic&quot; &lt;kg4ogn@hotmail.com&gt;
    &gt;Subject: Yaesu FT-2200
    &gt;Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:43:48 -0500
    &gt;
    &gt;Hi,
    &gt; I got some bad news. I took the radio to a local ham shop to have it
    &gt;evaluated before I installed it and the trasmitter does not work. It will
    &gt;receive, but will not put out any power on transmit. I need to make
    &gt;arrangements to return the radio and for you to refund my money. Please
    &gt;contact me as soon as you can so we can get this taken care of. If we
    &gt;resolve this matter I will post an outstanding reference for you on the QRZ
    &gt;board. I realize that you probably had no idea that the radio didn't work
    &gt;like it was supposed to. I will be waiting to hear from you.
    &gt;
    &gt;Mike Blanton, KG4UUJ

Mike,
    I will have to get the money from my Mother since she &quot;borrowed&quot; the money to get gas and foodshopping done, buit I will see what I can do.
    Alexander

Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 10:27 PM
    To: flacap_342@msn.com
    Subject: Yaesu FT-2200

Alexander,

When the package arrived the box was in perfect condition. I felt that the unit was packaged for shipping very well. As far as trying to claim the insurance, it is the sender's responsibility to file the claim. I will be glad to send you the box you mailed it in if you need it for insurance purposes. In the meantime, we need to make arrangements for me to return the unit to you and for you to return my money to me. Let me know if you need anything.

Mike, KG4UUJ

Mike,
    I am sorry, I sent the thing out working,... I am and have been trying to get some money together, the airconditioning went out about 3 day's ago and in the daytime it is over 115 gegree's F and at night it is 105 F. We did not get the mone this month like we were supposed to, so I am very sorry, I don't know what happened to the radio, did the repair shop say what could be wrong with it, or exactly how much power it was putting out? Like I said it does not have a lot of hour's on it. Thanks and sorry again.
    Alexander KG4OGN 73!

Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 7:45 AM
    To: Alexander Tubonjic
    Subject: Re: Yaesu FT-2200

We need to resolve this matter as soon as possible. Please send money to Mike Blanton, 9417 State Route 80W, Mayfield, KY 42066.

I have not heard from him since then and don't expect that I will. He kept telling me that the radio worked right before he shipped it, but I believe he new exactly what was wrong with it and sold it any way. As a result of my experience with KG4OGN I will no longer be interested in trading with anyone on QRZ. Frankly I don't have the time or the money to waste. One bad apple has ruined the whole bunch for me.

P.S. If anyone would like to make an offer on a non-transmitting, but receiving FT-2200 email me and make me an offer.

Mike - KG4UUJ[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Boy does this Look familiar Same thing happenn to me and got bad emails on it Huh look at this

6. N4TIA

Wey,
    I can't wait till I get my scanner back, I am taking it to a few repair shop's to see what they say about our &quot;familiar&quot; deal. I and a few other people think you tried to modify the scanner {I have the schematic here and I will see, you do know it is illegal to recieve certain frequencie's? Right? So let's see what develop's. {Also, it seem's to me that most of the people you have &quot;good feedback&quot; with on qrz are now &quot;under fire&quot; themselve's}
    Alexander

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.