KF4BWG Horse Fence antenna.

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by WM5TS, Feb 16, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

Be careful on what kind of wire, don't use a stainless, aluminum or copper works great. The problem I've had using this stuff where I live is it builds up a massive amount of ice and then when we have wind it oscillates and flops like crazy, I can't use one where I live.
    Naturally it's going to give you a bit more bandwidth since it's a larger-diameter conductor.

NH7RO likes this.
  2. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Low-to-the-ground fence wires not a good idea , may be good for some high angle, regional paths on 160 , 80 or 60 Meter bands.
    Signals from a simple wire dipole, up higher, would be a LOT better.
    IMHO

NH7RO likes this.
  3. W5HLG

W5HLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your comment; it appears that QRZ Hams have gone the way of Fakebook. It would have been just fine to say you don't like it or nothing at all.

4. W5HLG

I have no idea what you are talking about here. This is an advertisement for a product that I make and sell and lots of people seem to like. The forums or Fakebook can be found elsewhere.

5. W5HLG

Since almost every major antenna manufacturer utilizes Stainless Steel in their antennas i am sure they will find your information invaluable as have I. Don't we all wish for the space to have a Rhombic antenna farm?

6. W5HLG

Please enlighten me as to why this should be posted where Hams are given space to sell the products they work hard at making. The forums are found elsewhere on QRZ or you could utilize Fakebook.

7. NH7RO

NH7RO Ham Member QRZ Page

This is NOT the QRZ Swap Meet the last time I checked; please go over there to hawk your snake-oil, kind sir.;)

This IS the antenna forum where we are all free to discuss, analyze, question, poke fun at and criticize antennas relentlessly.:eek::D:confused::(:):rolleyes:o_O

8. NH7RO

This succint and to-the-point reply by Jerry is why most hams rely on better and simpler conductors for antennas---copper wire rules (unless one wants to spend a fortune on silver Litz wire)!

9. W5HLG

You are ABSOLUTELY correct sir! Sometimes when people are tired or feel otherwise it just stings more than it should. Have your fun I guess it puts a smile on your face. 73

10. NH7RO

Roger that.

Jeff

K0UO likes this.