Kevin Mitnick is good for amateur radio

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB1JCY, Dec 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KB1JCY

KB1JCY Ham Member QRZ Page

We need some notoriety and some edginess. People like a "bad boy". We badly need to get the attention of the Slashdot.org/open source crowd interested because they are mostly likely the best source for new ham licenses.

2. N0XU

N0XU Ham Member QRZ Page

Whoa! The troll meter just hit eleven on a scale of ten!

3. N7WSB

N7WSB Ham Member QRZ Page

He certianly brings celebrity to the field [​IMG]. At work today I mentioned that Kevin Mitnick is a ham - and perked the interest of a few people.

4. KG6EJO

KG6EJO Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (n0xu @ Dec. 30 2002,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whoa! The troll meter just hit eleven on a scale of ten![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    My trollo meter just failed, smoke &amp; fire everwhere.

ROFLMHO!

Btw Doug, SJ_CW de SJ_ET

5. W8OB

W8OB Guest

any of you guys and gals out there have a spare troll meter. Mine just twisted around the dial 3 times

6. K6UEY

K6UEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Your right Guy's,I was about to expell on the virtues of bringing Felon's and CB'ers into ham radio to expand the ranks and lower the Standards so that any one could successfully apply,when as you say I noticed the Troll Meter was wrapped around the pin , Sorry I took the bait already once tonight on another topic.

Everyone have a Happy and Joyous and Prosperous New Year.................    73,   ORV
     [​IMG]

7. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

Foll de roll... He's a troll....

Hey, while we're at it, remember that Osama Bin Laden seems like a very clever guy. And he's real slick at using those satellite phones. Wouldn't HE make a fine ham? Osama doesn't waste his time with &quot;outmoded&quot; CW... It's satellite technology all the way! Hell, he's a regular communications pioneer!

Out.

8. KC9CNN

KC9CNN Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's try to act like professional amateur radio operators, not glorified CB'ers. This Mitnick fellow is NOT a bad boy, he is a loser. No one wants him here. I can't believe the FCC let him back in.

9. KA8NCR

KA8NCR Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KC9CNN @ Dec. 31 2002,10:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Let's try to act like professional amateur radio operators, not glorified CB'ers.  This Mitnick fellow is NOT a bad boy, he is a loser.  No one wants him here.  I can't believe the FCC let him back in.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Ask yourself who is bad for the &quot;image&quot; of amateur radio.

Kevin Mitnick: Convicted felon, known computer expert (just not an expert at not getting caught).

Joe Ham as seen at a hamfest/club meeting or tooling around town in his car, may do one or all of the following:

Wears shorts with dark socks
    mixes plaids and stripes
    mixes plaids/stripes with shorts and dark socks
    poor personal hygene
    proudly displays a large ample gut poking out of shirt
    doesn't shower
    haggles for hours over the price of a $1 EGA card
    grumpy, rude, opinionated loudmouthed old people

Fact is fellas, I've hung around at DEFCON and the latter is a rather common image of amateur radio among the young brightest minds in contempory technology. These kids may be total geekzoids, but they're smart and passionate about their interests. And they'd never be caught dead wearing shorts and black socks. But they do make their own wifi antennas, plunk them on their new Ford Focus and drive for hours looking for wifi hotspots.

You people continue with your holier than thou attitudes and closed-minded comments. Keep in mind that these kids are flankin' you, and not only making YOU obsolete and redundant, but your hobby as well.

This will be my last comment on this subject (cross-posted to the two prevalent threads).

10. KG6EJO

KG6EJO Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K6UEY @ Dec. 31 2002,05:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your right Guy's,I was about to expell on the virtues of bringing Felon's and CB'ers into ham radio to expand the ranks and lower the Standards so that any one could successfully apply,when as you say I noticed the Troll Meter was wrapped around the pin , Sorry I took the bait already once tonight on another topic.

Everyone have a Happy and Joyous and Prosperous New Year.................    73,   ORV
     [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Had the gain cranked all the way up for this elite and rarified website......

Thats why my super sensitive digital troll-o-meter blew smoke &amp; fire across my shack.

But then, any board I use my &quot;Evil Troll&quot; moniker on I don't need the trollo-amp to detect 'em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.