ad: ProAudio-1

Kenwood TS870 no power after antenne tune

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by ON3TVA, Apr 9, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. ON3TVA

ON3TVA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello All,

I have a problem when i tune the antenne with the build in antennetuner i have no power out, display tells me averything is in order but on de external meter there is no power if i swith to thru i have power out.
    Can anybody help me with this problem, i dont find any decent service manual to help me.
    Sorry for my bad english.

Van Acker Tony - ON3TVA (Belgium)

2. KE8IWM

KE8IWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not an expert on your radio by any means but I wonder if after tuning you are not seeing any reflected power on your meter. Just puzzling it through in my head, a really good standing wave ratio would mean almost all your power going out with very little reflected back.

3. ON3TVA

when the antennetunes is see around 10w output, and swr is still above 2 after tune, after the tuner stops no power or swr readings.

4. G0JUR

G0JUR Ham Member QRZ Page

5. ON3TVA

Thx i will look into it.

6. WB8NQW

WB8NQW Ham Member QRZ Page

A transceiver with an automatic tuner will only apply power to the antenna while the tuning process is in progress. Once the tuning is done the transmitter shuts down and I assume waits foe you to press the PTT button and speak into the mike or operate the Morse code key in CW mode.