Kenwood TS780 / UR6QW ?

Discussion in 'Microphones, Speakers & Audio Processing' started by GM1ZVJ, Feb 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. GM1ZVJ

GM1ZVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone here running the Kenwood TS870s and UR6QW 8 band eq ? Just wonder if there is anything to be gained by using the eq unit with the TS780 having such good audio as standard ? Planning to use the radio with a Behringer xm8500 and looking for a nice quality rich deep bass ragchew type audio and sharp dx type audio with a change off eq / radio menu settings.

2. GM1ZVJ

Sorry guys Kenwood TS870s I am talking about. Sorry about the confusion !

3. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I use the TS870 and so far as I can tell the built in transmit EQ really doesn't need any help.
    The only way I can see you using the outboard box would be to experiment with what settings it might have.
    Almost the same sort of results with the built in EQ though.
    The XM8500 is a good choice and even better since it's only 20 bucks.
    I just got an additional microphone , the Shure SM58 and I'm playing with it now.
    I also have a TS430 and I know that could use the UR6QW box.
    Let me know how it works.
    I might spring for one for myself to use on the TS430.

4. GM1ZVJ

Thanks so much for your kind advice. Yes kind off thought it may be the case off the ur6qw eq unit not being off great value to the ts870 so will save my money and concentrate on the xm8500. Be interested to hear your own tx radio settings for both ragchew and dx audio .
    Regards. John

5. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You can find my settings on my QRZ page .I am liking my Shure SM58 a lot more than my XM8500 .It has the midrange of my voice which is missing in the XM8500 but the XM8500 isn't a bad mic at all. It just doesn't bring out the midrange in my voice as well as the Shure.

6. GM1ZVJ

Okay thanks will check it out.
    John