SOLD Kenwood TS480HX 200 watt rig with extra filters

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AF5CC, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. AF5CC

AF5CC Ham Member QRZ Page

I have for sale a Kenwood TS480HX 200 watt HF 100 watt 6 meter transceiver. As far as I know, this is the only 200 watt rig you can run off of 13.8 volts, so it is good to use mobile and also in the shack. It doesn't use some sort of special, model specific 50 volt PS you have to worry about blowing and not having a spare.

This rig does all modes, has AF-DSP on receive, a digital noise limiter, a noise blanker, a CW memory keyer, a voice keyer option (not installed), speech processor, and many other features. You can read more about it here:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamhf/0480.html

200 watts in the mobile will really get you heard! And you can run legal limit on 30 meters with this rig!

It has the 500hz CW filter and the 1.8khz SSB filter installed. Those are $130 a piece to buy.

The 480 is putting out 200 watts. The case has some scratches on it, and looks used. One of the screws had the head stripped so it was drilled down some. You can open the case and it pivots on the remaining body of the screw. Also, the VFO dial very slightly binds on the plastic behind it. I don't have the proper tool to remove the know and move it slightly forward. It is perfectly usable as it is, but doesn't spin quite as freely as it should, and it squeaks a little with the binding.

It comes with the 2 power cords, the mount for the head and the body (but not the MB-480) to put the head and body together, the remote cable to go between the head and body, and a new MC-45 microphone. This is not the stock mic for the rig, but it has 4 buttons on it that you can program to control various functions of the rig or menus.

I also have the original box, but not the original manual, but that can be viewed on line.

I am asking $595 shipped for the TS480HX and filters, and can take paypal/check/MO.

Please reply by email to AF5CC2 at GMAIL dot COM.

73 John AF5CC

009 (640x480).jpg 001 (640x480).jpg 002 (640x480).jpg 003 (640x480).jpg 004 (640x480).jpg 005 (640x480).jpg 006 (640x480).jpg 006 (640x480).jpg 008 (640x480).jpg

W2CSI and KA8UGB like this.
  2. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Has been around smoke?

3. AF5CC

AF5CC Ham Member QRZ Page

It has been sold

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.