For Sale Kenwood TS440SAT

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N3YHK, Jun 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. N3YHK

N3YHK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have for sale or maybe, possibly for trade an as new Kenwood TS440SAT. It has standard filters and the auto tuner installed and everything works 100% and is in new condition. It was purchased and put into service for about a month and then taken down and stored in a temp. controlled bedroom closet for the remainder of its life. Until about 5 weeks ago. I purchased it from the family of a SK and was told a little history of the rig. It seems as though the ham that purchased it really just was much happier operating VHF and never had the need to operate HF. So it sat unused for maybe 25 years or so. It does have the MARS mod and 10 hz mod done but these could be put back to factory if wanted, for a completely original collector quality radio. The radio comes with hand mic, original power cord, manual and a color brochure that describes the TS440's specs and features. I do not have the original boxes. This radio has been tested these last few weeks and it works perfectly. It is at least a 9.9+ out of 10 for cosmetic condition. There are no visible wear marks that I can see, all screws and metal parts are in new untarnished condition. You can't even really see that any cables have been attached to the antenna connector. It's that clean.

I would really prefer a local sale. I just don't like shipping heavy items. I've always prided myself on very safe packing but somehow UPS and the USPS have managed to destroy a couple of radios that I've shipped in the past. This one is so nice that I'd hate to see it damaged.

I would like $495 for the radio. I would maybe consider a trade for a Yaesu FT891. I am space limited and the Yaesu looks like a nice rig. Again, at this time I would really prefer a local transaction.

Thanks for looking. Chris N3YHK 717-688-1796 DSC00397.JPG

Attached Files:

VE7REN, W2SKI, K5MTY and 3 others like this.
  2. W7QHH

W7QHH Ham Member QRZ Page

3. W7QHH

W7QHH Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the transceiver still available? Thanks, Clyde, W7QHH

4. N3YHK

N3YHK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, it is still available. Please send a message or give me a call if you have any questions. 73, Chris

5. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.