Kenwood TS-950SDX - Nice Rig, but when they get older, they get issues!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by K8CPA, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. K8CPA

K8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

I will not sell a broken rig to anyone. For starters, I am not 100% certain that I know what is all WRONG with the rig. I am not a tech; so, I have rely on others opinions and as some who does work on computer software. (OS's and such), it is hard to diagnose something via e-mail or via a forum.

So............................................

I will hold on to it, until I can afford to send it to Cliff down at Avvid. I will send it with the instruction of. "Find out what is making this thing act crazy, and go through it with a fine tooth comb and make it work purdy again..."

(The word "Purdy" is hillbilly for working properly, for you educated yankee's in here...)

The reason I say this is because the last thing I need is some eager beaver ham, who gets his ya ya's off slam dunking others in forums, buying my rig and then bad mouthing me in a forum, like here or all the other ham forums around. I just do not need the headaches.

So, there you go. It is a memento rig, and two, I just do NOT want sell a broken rig to anyone.

73!

-Chuck

2. WR8D

WR8D Ham Member QRZ Page

The 940 line was the same way. I swore off kenwood over ten years ago after they pawned the 950sdx off on buyers at a high price...and the rigs were already discontinued. They even tried to cover up the fact that they were selling what was in warehouses at the time.

Kenwood....never again!

WR8D

3. K8CPA

K8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey John,

Yeah, I heard about that one. I won't lie to you; I got darned lucky when I got this one. I doubt I'll ever get a "Big Rig" like this again. Just isn't worth all the aggravation. Of Course, Icom ain't much better. They just discontinued two of their best rigs, and replaced them with high dollar replacements. What kinda nonsense is that? Dumb, if you ask me.

VY 73!

4. W6ACT

W6ACT Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW seems like all radio's are pieces of crap to you. Are you just angry?

N2LBI likes this.
  5. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

I just wasted 20 minutes of a previously wonderful start to and awesome day to read this thread. I think I'll go puke now.

The thread was dead for 6 months.........

N2LBI likes this.
  6. K9CRT

K9CRT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

QUOTE "if someone, who really loved these rigs came along and offered to come get it, and EVERYTHING that I have with it, Mic, and all other various crap that I have to go with it, and gave me enough to go get, say a ICOM 7700 or at least an ICOM Pro III, I'd consider it. "

Hey when you find this guy above who is gonna give you enough to buy the 7700 send him my way.... GET REAL what world are you from OM :confused:

K9CRT

N2LBI likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.