For Sale Kenwood TS-930S 10-160M Transceiver

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K7MJ, Aug 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K7MJ

K7MJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For parts or repair only; It works, receives well, over 100 watts out on all bands, looks pretty good, but after a short warm-up the VFO only tunes upward in frequency, regardless of the direction the knob is turned. It tunes fine with the Up-Down buttons on the mic. In a steady carrier out mode (AM, FSK) the power supply shows about 30VDC steady, In SSB there is a pulsation, maybe a couple times per second, and you can see it in the meter lights. The cooling fan cover for the finals was damaged, probably in a previous shipping, and I glued it back together enough to be stable. I had it on the air a couple of nights ago, with no complaints, but these rigs had power supply issues, and this one appears to have them. No warranty or returns. $200.00 plus shipping, radio only, no mic, or AC cord. It weighs about 42 lbs on the bathroom scales before any packing, so you can add a few lbs, figure double boxed, and check from your ZIP to mine to see roughly what it will cost. I also bought a power supply, (transformer, board, caps, etc.) to repair this one, but never got to it. No guarantees on it either... $25.00 plus shipping, and I think it will go in a medium flat rate box. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

FYI- title is wrong. It's neither a Yaesu nor FT-930

With all the alphabet soup the big 3 manufacturers use it's not hard to get it mixed up

3. K7MJ

Wow! You are sure right, something went wrong there. I*t's a Kenwood TS-930SAT. K7MJ

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Title of ad changed to match what’s in the photos

N1VAU likes this.
  5. K7MJ

Still for Sale.

6. K7MJ

Thanks Clayton and Dave, for keeping me straight... Dale

7. N9ZDZ

N9ZDZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have some VHF stuff would trade for it. email good on qrz

8. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.