For Sale Kenwood TS-830 & VFO230

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K2QU, Dec 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. K2QU

K2QU Ham Member QRZ Page

Kenwood TS-830S Hybrid transceiver for sale: $200. Also for sale is the optional external VFO-230 with cable – also $200. Purchaser of radio has first right to purchase the VFO.

Includes hand microphone, standard SSB filter, and YK-88C-1 CW filter. I have had the radio for approximately 6 years and have used it regularly on CW and SSB. It is working and gets good reports. Cosmetically, the radio is good considering its age. The only known operating issue is that when the YK-88C-1 is being used, the RIT must be used to retune the received station. I replaced the T/R relay – the old one still works and is included as a spare. Output to dummy load as measured on a MFJ-815B Watt meter:

80m: 90W
    40m: 80W
    30m: 85W
    20m: 95W
    17m: 60W
    15m: 75W
    10m: 60W

I prefer NOT to ship the radio. It is available for a test drive in Northern New Jersey. I would consider shipping the VFO if it is purchased separately. Contact information: QRZ email. Thanks, 73, Al, K2QU.
    TS-830.JPG

VFO-230.JPG

KO4RA, KG4BFR, KA0REN and 4 others like this.
  2. K2ST

K2ST Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm interested in the vfo-230 - if you were willing to ship it. Since I'd be purchasing it sight unseen and as-is I'd be willing to offer $125 plus shipping.

3. KI4VIS

KI4VIS Ham Member QRZ Page

I have 425.00 shipped to SC 29349

4. W1UWC

W1UWC Ham Member QRZ Page

Radio still avaible how much with shipping to 80817

5. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.