SOLD Kenwood TS-570DG

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N0KAI, Apr 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. N0KAI

N0KAI Ham Member QRZ Page

Kenwood TS-570DG 100 Watt 160-10 meter Transceiver. 2nd (non-smoking) owner. Rig runs flawlessly; zero display or control issues. This is a FANTASTIC starter HF transceiver. Just the right balance of easy-to-operate with QRM busting features and all the connectivity a beginner could ask for. I cranked out FT8 WAS in under a month with this puppy. After a year of trouble-free QSOs, I've upgraded to a TS-590 so this rig needs a new loving home.

All goodies are included: hand mic, power cord, DIN plugs, original (but well worn) manual, and schematics. I do NOT have the original box, but everything can be delivered double-boxed and insured to your CONUS shack for $500 PP or MO.
    73, N0KAI

IMG_20190412_154625.jpg

Attached Files:

K8RDG, WZ9Q and KN4OO like this.
  2. K4KCY

K4KCY Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings N0KAI,

I was looking through the classifieds here and found your listing. I am a new ham. I got my Technician ticket on 4/4 and just got my General ticket yesterday on 4/27. I have not even gotten my feet wet in 2m yet but my new ham friends are already pushing me to step into HF. I'm retired and on a SS budget but I am interested in this radio and wondering if it is still available. Please let me know and I will be looking into the specs in the meanwhile.

73's to you,

Rick, KN4TSP

3. N0KAI

Hey, contrats on making general! Think I'm going to take a shot at extra this coming weekend.

Still have the 570 looking for a home. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

73, N0KAI

4. K4KCY

K4KCY Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for the reply. As I said, I am new and I know I have so much to learn. I am currently reading reviews and watching videos on this radio to see where it can take me. It seems to be very popular considering how long they have been around and is highly recommended for new hams like myself. One thing that I have to consider is the cost of an antenna. Unfortunately, my location does not afford me a viable place for a dipole antenna so I am having to consider a vertical antenna which are rather expensive. With that in mind, I am weighing all of my options since I am on a fixed income. It really sucks but it is what it is for me at this time. I will definitely be keeping this radio on the top of my list for now though and I will let you know what I decide in a day or two.

Cheers, 73 and have another cold one! ;) And good luck on the Extra exam!

Rick, KN4 TSP AG

5. N0KAI

Don't over-think the antenna. Just get some wire up and get on the air!

Have a look at the LNR Precision end-fed antennas. They've got an EFT-10/20/40 that takes up next to no space at all and works amazingly well.

I'll give you a shout if another offer comes up. Right now, people are saving pennies for Dayton, I think.

W7UUU likes this.
  6. N0KAI

Price reduced! $450 shipped to your CONUS shack!

7. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Unverified Sellers - are sellers who have not yet completed the Verified User program at QRZ.
    As of July 1, 2019, only Verified sellers will be permitted to list in this forum.