Kenwood TS-570D transmit/tune problem

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by KM4MK, Mar 5, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. KA5IPF

KA5IPF Ham Member QRZ Page

Look for a stuck button on the radio. Also make sure nothing is keying the radio, mic or key, when turned on. If it is keyed when powered up it will default to rx and will not tx.

2. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

I bet that's the problem !

(Good ol' Clif ! The fountain of knowledge when it comes to Kenwood products)

Roger G3YRO

3. KG9H

KG9H Ham Member QRZ Page

That is what I thought ( similar to the old FT-890, etc) but I was able to confirm all buttons are not pressed in and "beep" when pressed. Still on the hunt, thanks guys. Odd no one has seen this yet and 4 known cases.

4. KG9H

KG9H Ham Member QRZ Page

Cliff I thought you were on vacation? lol

5. KA5IPF

Got back last nite and catching up on e-mails, etc....

6. KG9H

KG9H Ham Member QRZ Page

OK folks (maybe just Clif? ) here is where I am at. When I press ENT to enter frequencies I hear a beep but the readout does not go to all dashes. Not sure where to go on this one. It does beep.

7. KA5WPL

KA5WPL Ham Member QRZ Page

I've got a Kenwood B2000 doing the exact same thing. I've read some mention of a "Q65" transistor shorting causing the TX inhibit function to engage. But I don't know if that's what's going on. Mine will key up and tune the internal tuner but hangs in TX. Otherwise I can't get it to key up at all.

8. KG4F

KG4F Ham Member QRZ Page

9. KG4F

KG4F Ham Member QRZ Page

Ts-570S, same 'TX' mode after AT tune. If using Kenwood MC-60 microphone, check the switch on top of the microphone! "ON" is a PTT leaving radio in TX mode!!!!! I had seen the switch being on but thought that switch simply turned the mic audio on, wrong, it is a PTT switch. Turned off, rig works fine!!! At least, rig got a new 2032 battery and 2 new AA batteries in the MC-60 base.

Jeff, KG4F

10. KA5IPF

The batteries in the MC-60 base were for the MC-60 which had a 4 pin mic connector and no power to the mic, therefore batteries. The MC-60A has an 8 pin mic connector and gets power from the radio, batteries not needed. Since the mic cord could be changed from a 4 to an 8 pin the battery holder and switch was left in place.

4 Pin mic jack on radio, use batteries. 8 pin, batteries not needed.