ad: elecraft

For Sale KENWOOD TS-130S TRANSCEIVER

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WB9CTP, Feb 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WB9CTP

WB9CTP Ham Member QRZ Page

If you're a new ham on a tight budget or need an excellent back up rig, take a look at my Kenwood TS-130S transceiver ! Since Sept 2018, I've worked 44 states and 33 countries even though the rig was in the repair shop (Cliff Holland AVVID in Texas) for several weeks.

The TS-130S is an 80-10 meter (includes WARC bands) putting out 80-100 watts SSB and CW but can also be used as a QRP rig. The power can be reduced to only 4 or 5 watts output.

I'll include a copy of the repair invoice but Cliff replaced a leaky cap in the VFO, some bad diodes and did a complete alignment of both the receiver and transmitter. This receiver is hot!

While the face of the rig looks good and it's fully operational, it's not perfect. The cabinet has some battle scars from a previous owner and until the rig is turned on for a while, there's a bit of VFO drift (100 hz). Also, when the rig was shipped back to me from repairs, the shipping company managed to crack the little glass window on the VFO which I have removed. You don't even notice it's gone but I can send the glass if you want it. The rig is simple to use, works great on all bands but as with all vintage electronics, it is being offered as-is, no returns. Also, there is no cw filter installed.

This TS-130S comes with power cord, a mic (not original but it sounds good), and a manual reprint. My price is just $250 SHIPPED to the lower 48 states. USPS money orders, cash or official bank checks only. No Paypal please. Local pickup ok at my central Illinois QTH or I'll ship via USPS Priority Mail, will ship the same day your payment arrives and then immediately send you a tracking number. If you're interested, please EMAIL me at Radioron50@yahoo.com. TS-130S-1.jpg TS-130S-2.jpg TS-130S-3.jpg TS-130S-4.jpg TS-130S-5.jpg

KE0TNL, KN4OO and KC3RN like this.
  2. WB9CTP

If you pick up at my QTH, the price is reduced by $25 to just $225 !!

3. WB9CTP

I am re=listing this radio on Thursday March 7th.

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.