Kenwood TRC-70 audio issue

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by ZS1WLM, Jul 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. ZS1WLM

ZS1WLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all
    Hoping someone might know what I'm looking at in terms of the issue with my radio. When i power it on sound is normal, but after 2 to 3 seconds the sound dips and it basically becomes impossible to hear any weak stations. If I key up and let go the level comes back to normal but also only for a sec and it just does the same. No matter how loud I set it, anyone ever experience something like this?

2. KA5IPF

KA5IPF Ham Member QRZ Page

Not familiar with that model. What is it?

3. ZS1WLM

Hi, although I appreciate your response, I don't quite understand how a question like this could be asked in this day and age. Would appreciate help from someone RE the problem.

[​IMG]

Kenwood TRC-70

Type: Professional land mobile transceiver
    Frequency range: 1.8-30 MHz
    Mode: SSB
    RF Power output: 25-100 W
    Receiver system: Dual conversion superheterodyne
    1st IF: 49.95 MHz
    2nd IF: 450 KHz
    Sensitivity: N/A
    Selectivity: N/A
    Image rejection: N/A
    Voltage: 13.8 VDC
    Current drain: RX: Max ? A
    TX: Max ? A
    Impedance: 50 ohms
    Dimensions (W*H*D): ? mm
    Weight: ? Kg
    Manufactured: 19xx-19xx (Discontinued)

4. KA5IPF

KA5IPF Ham Member QRZ Page

Because it was never imported to the USA. Since I only spent 39 years working on Kenwood Amateur gear and wasn't familiar with it I think the question is appropriate. Good luck!

5. ZS1WLM

My response wasn't meant to be smirky, but a simple google search for Kenwood TRC-70 would have answered your question immediately. There are many radios worldwide not imported/exported to said countries yet we can still obtain info on them easily by doing a simple search, and like in my case if you have no success with searches you seek advice for the answers. I have an ICOM IC-2730A (American version) here for instance, where-as all our imports are EU. Yet again, all respect for your career as a Kenwood tech for 39 years, but its of no help to me whatsoever if I even have to explain what "type" of radio I asked my original question of..

73s