ad: portazero-1

Kenwood TR-751 low audio out on SSB. FM works fine

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by DL5PIR, Aug 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. DL5PIR

DL5PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello there.
    maybe anyone is familiar with this great radio and can help me a little bit.
    Radio in general is working in TX and RX. All the pots (squelch, rf gain, volume) are working fine.
    Problem is the low volume on USB / LSB. I can hear other station only with very low audio with 100 percent full volume knob on. squelch and rf gain working as expected. On FM i can hear full and loud audio with volume knob on 20 percent. Speaker out has the same problem.

Maybe anyone knows this problem an can help me with it.
    Thank you very much
    Alex
    DL5PIR

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  2. W1NB

W1NB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If the squelch, RF gain and S-meter are working properly then it’s either in the detector or the coupling between the detector and the 1st audio amp.

3. DL5PIR

DL5PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your reply. Iam not so familiar with reading the schematics. So maybe there is anybody out there who can do it well.
    i found the service manual: http://www.radiomanual.info/schemi/KENW_VU/TR-751A_E_serv.pdf
    Its an old radio. so i thought its a bad capacitor. All the capacitors look good, but i dont have equipment to measure it.
    So maybe someone can help me with a hint or tip.
    Thanks a lot Alex