Kenwood TM-V71A to URI Pinout for Allstar Node

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by KY4RDB, Aug 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KY4RDB

KY4RDB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

First let me say if Allstar related questions are not allowed please feel free to delete.

I am working on setting up a simplex node using a TMV71A. I have purchased a URIx from DMK and I am building my own cable from a 6 pin din to DB 25 break out. I have done my research but I wanted to get the groups thoughts on my possible pin out attached to this post. Please look over my crude drawing.

Any other thought you could pass along in terms of the TMV71A as an Allstar node would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That looks like it should work.

You may need to add a 10k pullup resistor from Pin1 to Pin 14 on the URI.

If needed you can invert PTT in the Allstar Simple USB setup menu.

Have Fun.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  3. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Kudos to you for doing your homework in looking up the port specs and providing us a diagram before asking your question! *Tip O' the hat!* b.

4. KY4RDB

KY4RDB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For those wondering after discussion with Jerry KC6YMP over at DMK, he pointed out I needed to use the 9600 baud connection on Pin 4 and not the 1200 baud connection on Pin 5. Also note that Pin 4 on the Din goes to Pin 24 on the URI, I have attached an updated drawing. Gonna start building the system tonight. I will let you know how it goes.

Attached Files: