ad: Radclub22-1

Kenwood TM-V71A Initial Setup and Programming

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6F, Oct 27, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K5JM

K5JM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting about the repeater owners and the crossbanding issue. If you set up a low power crossband and set a full CTCSS (encode and decode) on your crossbanding side (on a tone different than the repeater) there shouldn't any harm. Maybe they've had some bad experiences where people weren't setting tones to protect the repeater system from being opened up with an open squelch or interefence , etc.

Despite my shortcoming with the 8900 I am still a yaesu fan for some of their stuff. I love my yaesu HT ( the ft1xdr) and the ftm-400 I run as a mobile. I feel the ftm-400 is a little more user friendly for APRS with the touch screen.

The 710 looks like a fine rig as well though ! I think essentially the radio chassis is the same as the V71 (minus the TNC and GPS receiver)?

WJ6F likes this.
  2. VA7MNM

VA7MNM Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought it was ya'll!

N0TRK likes this.
  3. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

There's one in every group. In this group however, it's several.

WJ6F likes this.
  4. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess it's that 10% I am always hearing about.

5. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

I talked with the repeater owner and that is why he doesn't like people using crossband repeat. More than once someone has someone has "jammed" up the repeater.
    I too like Yaesu products. I run the FT-M400 as my mobile, and I have the FT-1, FT-2, FT-60 and the FT DX 1200. The FT-M400 touch screen does make it a very easy radio to set up and use. I have also had great customer service from the Yaesu shop in Cypress, CA.

Yes it is the same chasis and from I understand "oporating system" With my old eyeballs I do like the larger display.

6. AA8GK

AA8GK Ham Member QRZ Page

Holy cow. Kenwood came out with another dual band radio. Unbelievable. Let me sit down a minute to take it all in.

7. KD9LTQ

KD9LTQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Language matters.

8. KD9LTQ

KD9LTQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Words matter. Language matters.