SOLD Kenwood TM-742 Triband Transceiver

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KM4UHS, May 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KM4UHS

KM4UHS Subscriber QRZ Page

I purchased my TM-742 years ago from a local ham who used it only as a base radio. As far as I know he never had it mobile, and the mounting holes do not show the usual marks expected of a bracket.
    I used it only once - for a VHF contest day (which, by the way, is an absolute blast with this radio) and put it in storage until I could purchase and raise my desired antennas. Sadly I must now admit to myself that my declining health has rendered that desire an impossibility - so I might as well sell it.

The transceiver functions as it should and is easily 8/10 aesthetically. (in the interest of total honesty let me say that when I pulled the box from 2 years of storage the button battery was not keeping the memories, but a week after testing for this sale it is still working perfectly - so I believe the battery is fine)
    It has the 2 meter / 1.25 meter / 70cm bands.
    It will crossband repeat from any band to any of the other two bands, allowing the remaining band to operate the TM-742 remotely - and much, much more; The TM-742 was way ahead of it's time!
    Includes the box and inserts, original speaker mic, bracket, power cord, Operating manual with all associated paperwork, plus a kit that I bought to make an extension cable but obviously never did.
    It will be double-boxed for free CONUS shipping. Obviously no return due to age but the description is accurate. From Non-smoking homes.
    $485 Paypal, USPS M.O. (ship-when-clear), Cash (pickup/meet during normal banking hours)
    Please use my QRZ email if you interest or questions. Thanks for reading. 73 David KM4UHS
    Radio Callsign.jpg
    TM-742 Display.jpg
    Kenwood TM-742.jpg

W2SKI and KN4OO like this.
  2. NC6R

NC6R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

PayPal payment sent.
    73, Steve / NC6R

3. KM4UHS

KM4UHS Subscriber QRZ Page

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.