For Sale Kenwood TH-F6A tri-bander with extras!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W9APX, Dec 31, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. W9APX

W9APX Ham Member QRZ Page

For Sale: Kenwood TH-F6A tri-band HT radio (144/220/440) in excellent condition, completely functional, and with extra accessories. The radio has a full 5-watt output on all 3 bands! It was purchased new from HRO in August '15, but I've since gotten a much-needed submersible/waterproof HT for ARES use, so I'm letting this one go. The batteries have each been charged perhaps 3 times - this radio has phenomenal battery life!

Includes: TH-F6A Radio (Ser.No.B5200058), original box, tri-band antenna, and manual; TWO Kenwood Li-Ion batteries (PB-42L, 7.4V-2000mAh); battery charger (wall wart); Kenwood fused DC cable to enable battery charging via your 13.8V DC power supply; a Kenwood exterior case; and an external earbud-style microphone headset. It also has the original METAL belt clip installed.

The only cosmetic issue with the radio is that the display window has micro-scratches consistent with light usage of this model (due to the window being flush with the exterior, not recessed as on other models). You have to look closely to notice them, and replacement windows can be had online for about $5. The scratches do not at all interfere with viewing the display.

The SMA connector has actually only been used three times - to install and uninstall a BNC adapter, and to test the stock antenna today (I always immediately convert a new HT to BNC before use, via adapter). Otherwise, I've never used the stock antenna.

I've used this radio lightly, and in an outdoor environment only once (during an ARES event). It is in excellent condition, and functions flawlessly. I do not have a USB programming cable for it, as it was so easy to program manually, I never had need to buy one.

Priced separately, with all accessories, you'd pay about $450 new (radio alone is $320 new).

Your price is $350 shipped to a U.S. address. PayPal is preferred - quick and painless. I can ship as early as 1/4/16.

If you live in the north Los Angeles area, we can meet up to do the transaction if you like. The radio is currently programmed with 60 or so local (SFV and LA area) repeaters and simplex channels.

I can be reached here via PM, or at w9apx.hamradio@gmail.com

Kenwood TH-F6A.JPG

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  2. W9APX

New price: $340 shipped to a U.S. address. This is an excellent price for the radio and all its extra accessories.

3. W9APX

Absolute LAST price reduction: $330 shipped to a U.S. address. Killer deal here, with all the accessories that are included.

I also have the car charger for this radio (12VDC cigarette plug), which I will also include.

4. W9APX

OK, let's try $250 for just the radio and what's included with it (box, 1 battery, manual, belt clip, antenna, charger). I'll include the case.

Extra battery: $55

I'm really not interested in selling the other, cheaper parts by themselves.

5. W9APX

Still available.

6. W9APX

Still available, though I don't know why - it's at a great price.

7. W9APX

$235 for boxed radio with accessories it originally sold with.

8. AH6H

AH6H Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this item still available? I am interested in it.
    Richard AH6H.

9. KB1YLQ

KB1YLQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I can ship as early as 1/4/16. - SCAM!

10. W0JLH

W0JLH Ham Member QRZ Page

Look when this was put up for sale. DEC 31 2015 This ad is almost 2 years old

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.