Wanted Kenwood TH-D71A or RC-D710A head unit or whole radio

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K9BRD, Jan 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K9BRD

K9BRD Subscriber QRZ Page

My friend's radio head unit was stolen a few years back so I'd like to find one or an entire radio if the price is right. Would consider another brand of radio if it will do APRS and dual band, UHF_VHF

2. KD9AEZ

KD9AEZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a TM-V71A head I can part with, lightly used, no flaws works perfect. I upgraded my radio to a TM-D710A head and have no plans on using it anymore. Send me an email if you are interested. My email is on my QRZ page.

K9BRD likes this.
  3. K9BRD

Will that head unit work with my TM-D710? I plan on using the APRS feature of it and am not certain your head unit will allow some features of the TM-D 710 to be accessed? I have a call into my friend at Kenwood now to see. If I can use it what price range are you thinking?

4. KD9AEZ

Ah, ok. No, I am sorry I guess I assumed the wrong thing. It will not work for what you want to accomplish. Again, my apologies. You definitely need a head unit with the TNC built in to do what you want.

5. K9BRD

OK, thanks. where did you find the TM-D710A head unit? I'm sure the thieves who stole my friend's unit thought they were getting the whole radio. He had the unit in separate boxes when he had movers moving his stuff and we are certain they only grabbed the part with the screen and knobs on it.

6. KD9AEZ

I got mine from another person on here a couple years ago but had to repair it by replacing the main board inside the unit.

7. K9BRD

OK, thank you for the info. I'll keep looking

8. N2OBS

N2OBS Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the remote head for the TM-D700(A)G APRS/Dual Band unit.

K9BRD likes this.
  9. K9BRD

Is it in good working order and what are you asking for it? Do you have a picture or two?

10. K9BRD

I'd sure be interested in getting it from you.

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.