Kenwood Rig Control

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by W1GVT, Apr 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W1GVT

W1GVT Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone know if any of the Kenwood-supplied rig controlling software programs will work with an older TS-440s? (Don't laugh - I'm asking because from what I've been reading there are common codes used on all those programs.)

If not, I'm looking for something other than HRD from anyone who has used an alternative with the TS-440. I've got the demo version of HRD and it works fine and looks gorgeous but I'm not thrilled with paying for software where I'd only be using a small fraction of its abilities. (Although I probably will if I don't find an alternative that works as well.)

Thanks!

2. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I used TS-440's back in the Military for the MARS programs. I don't recall they had an option for an interface for rig control.

Verified. I found a manual online and there is no provision to interface a computer to the rig.

3. W1GVT

I'm using it right now with HRD. It is limited to frequency & band changing and you must have the IC-10 option installed with a serial or USB cable. See attached. IMG_0229.jpg

4. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  5. W1GVT

Thank you!

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

If DXLab supports the TS-440, can I assume it will also support the TS-570S(G)?

7. AA6YQ

Yes, it does. You can see the list of supported Kenwood radios here.

8. WA9SVD

Thanks. I'll download the suite later tonight. I had it downloaded at one time on an XP computer, but never got to try it out. I hope it will be what I need.

Thanks again!

9. AA6YQ

I suggest that you start by downloading and installing the Launcher; then direct the Launcher to download and install Commander. After you get Commander configured and working with your radio, pick the next element of the suite that meets your needs, and direct the Launcher to download and install it.

I also suggest that you join the DXLab Discussion Group, where all questions are welcome no matter how many times they already been asked and answered, or how obvious the answers might be in the documentation.

Getting Started with DXLab explains all of the documentation and support resources at your disposal.

10. WA9SVD

Thanks again! Will do!