Kenwood MCP Software

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KK4UDO, Aug 24, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KK4UDO

KK4UDO Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm trying with no luck to get the Kenwood MCP software working with my new-to-me TM-D700A. I'm using a Prolific USB t0 Serial cable that I have used before with Cisco gear with no problems. I am using a straight-through DB9M - DB9F connector with a "gender bender" on the end to convert to dual female plugs.

The usb to serial device is recognized in device manager. I have tried setting COM port to both 1 and 2, and set the Baud Rate to 9600 (matches radio setting) and Flow Control to Xon / Xoff (along with the default of NONE) per a post I saw online. I have also tried using chirp, both are unsuccessful.

Any tips so I can download/upload memories and settings vs having to go through manually and program each one?

KK4UDO

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You need a null modem connection.

T and R need to be swapped.

Good Luck.

3. KK4UDO

I'm willing to try anything at this point, but I've read specifically that you do NOT need a null modem cable.

From the kenwood MCP download site:
    I'll wire up a null modem and give that a shot.

4. KK4UDO

Just a quick update in case anyone else has problems. I ordered this and it worked perfectly.

KA9JLM likes this.