ad: Radclub22-1

Kenwood Announces 70th Anniversary Edition TS-590SG

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Aug 4, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N7KFD

N7KFD Ham Member QRZ Page

If you don't like the offer don't buy one. I've had a TS-480SAT for about six years and love it. In fact all but one of my radios are Kenwood and they are all fantastic. Will I buy one of these? Probably not, but only because I'm happy with my TS-480 and not in the market for a new HF rig at the moment. What I won't do is bash this offer or any other manufacturers product just for the sake of being an ass. Just my .02.

K3SX and NY7Q like this.
  2. WR0F

WR0F Ham Member QRZ Page

Seen a pic online of the Kenwood TS-590SG Black Anniversary Edition that had word TRIO on front where Kenwood would be to make it a different

3. W6NYA

W6NYA Ham Member QRZ Page

I love my 590sg and my 480SAT. No issues with being "off-frequency"--great audio reports, good menu system you don't have to get lost in.

W6NYA

K8AI likes this.
  4. WR0F

WR0F Ham Member QRZ Page

5. AB3MO

AB3MO Ham Member QRZ Page

Bought a TS-590S in 2011, added the TXCO and voice module right from the start, and liked it so much, I bought another Kenwood (which didn't need any accessories)! Super receiver and very helpful audio punch. Worked a lot of hunt and pounce DX with "not the world's greatest antenna". Among the major manufacturers, equipment, in similar price ranges, seems surprisingly competitive, thus personal preference wins out.

6. WR0F

WR0F Ham Member QRZ Page

We missed out on the Black TS 2000 10 years ago and regretted it later .
    They should have gone with TS 990s with TRIO 70TH on front panel and fancy vfo knob and made only 70 of them :D randomly surprise someone with them in the regular shipment with no extra fees with special certificate included .

That certificate would have got them the set of special paddles and perhaps a special jacket.

That's what we would have done if I was the big boss at Kenwood

KD2DIG likes this.
  7. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought the 830 emblem on the front of a standard version was silver verses gold on the gold edition.

If you follow the selling trend on ebay, the gold edition is much more desirable.

8. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

The silver emblem was only used for roughly the first year of production. For all the remaining years, the gold emblem was used. So, the reference, "gold edition" was used by one major distributor to move out the last of the TS-830S transceivers, and the only addition to the standard TS-830S was that the two CW filters were included and installed in the rig. So, if you desire a "gold edition", all it has are the two optional CW filters. Kenwood never advertised a "gold edition". It was only a marketing pitch used by a major distributor.

9. MM0ERK

MM0ERK Ham Member QRZ Page

hi i have the 590s and i cant complain i have had some very nice reports on my audio so i dont think i will up-grade

10. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, I've read quite a bit about the hybrid history and have never heard this. I thought it was endorsed by kenwood.