SOLD Kenwood 9R-59D General Coverage Receiver

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K4AXF, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. K4AXF

K4AXF Ham Member QRZ Page

Offering for sale, very nice 9R-59D receiver by Kenwood. You don't see these too often and seldom in this condition. It shows a few blemishes, but as you can see from the pictures, it's in really good condition.

Coverage is 500 kHz to 30 MHz in 4 bands. Solid-state rectifiers for cooler operation on 110 vac. The sensitity and selectivity of this receiver are excellent. The AM broadcast listener will especially appreciate this rigs lovely sound (you'll need an external speaker). And it's stable thus good SSB and CW reception. No scratch pots, no flakey switch operation.

It looks like someone mounted a 4" speaker in the right side of the cabinet at one time - no longer there. Someone also added an SO-239 UHF antenna connector on the back - nicely done mod and works fine on my G5RV and Wellbrook loop. The shiny insert is missing from the AF gain knob. I've listened to stations on all bands and was quite impressed. There is, however, one issue: On the 4.8 to 14.5 mHz, there is no reception from 4.8 to 6.5 Mhz - just dead. 6.5 to 14.5 mHz reception is excellent.

I comes with a W7FG Manuals reprint and dust cover. Yours for $175, shipped UPS, CONUS ONLY. Contact me via my QRZ.com email address.

Attached Files:

2. K4AXF

K4AXF Ham Member QRZ Page

SOLD

3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.