Kenwood 940s / Signalink / HRD

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by NN2X, Dec 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NN2X

NN2X Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Fellow Ham Operators

I just posted a thread on this subject, expect now I have signalink product

The signalink, connect to the ACC 2, and to the to the computer, (USB)...

I purchased the special cables for the Kenwood 940s, which is SL-USB-13K and SLMOD13K Jumper

I am using the Ham Radio Deluxe, set up for Kenwood 940s,

I can't seem to get HRD to communicate to the Kenwood through the Signalink

Any advice?

NN2X, Tom

2. W1NB

W1NB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Tom, it’s been years since I owned and operated my 940 so I’m relying on my aging memory, and I may be telling you something you already know, but I believe the Signalink function required the installation of an optional module or chip.

3. NN2X

NN2X Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, there is jumpers, and I have them in place...What is the critical point, on HRD, I don't see the option of the USB (Interface)...That is the key, as the Signalink uses USB...interface.

NN2X...
    Tom

4. KA5IPF

KA5IPF Ham Member QRZ Page

The Signal Link handles the communications end thru the 13pin DIN on the radio. The radio has to have an IF-10B installed for the computer running HRD to connect to and control the radio. See Piexx website for the rest of what you need.

WQ4G likes this.
  5. NN2X

NN2X Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for all...I have solved the problem....First, the DM780 is the only one to work with the Kenwood 940S...When using the Signalink...

There was a few other setting (Audio USB both TX / RX), that I had to work out...But all good right now...

Cheers

NN2X