ad: ProAudio-1

Kenneth E. Kent - KA2LIM

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W2TXB, Feb 22, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W2TXB

W2TXB Ham Member QRZ Page

KW4BY likes this.
  2. AA8IA

AA8IA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

RIP! I definitely remember working him in VHF contests over the years.

3. N2NRL

N2NRL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ken, will be dearly missed! He was one of my closest friends. I will miss our chats and working on projects together. I truly appreciate the friendship and all of the knowledge that you shared with me. Farewell my dear friend

4. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Kenneth E. Kent, KA2LIM SK Also held the call K2LIM

[​IMG]

Kenneth E. Kent
    Age 75 of Pine Valley, NY was born April 2, 1946 the son of the late Ronald K. and Eleanore (Forrest) Kent passed into the loving arms of his Lord and Savior Friday, February 18, 2022 surrounded by his family.
    In addition to his parents, he was predeceased by his first wife Diane Allen Kent and daughter Heidi M. (Kent) Catlin.

Ken is survived by his wife Jean; daughters Andrea Kent of Erin and Bernice (Eric) Wetherby of Manchester, NH; grandchildren Samantha, Noah, Alexis, Makayla, Jonathan, Ashley and Jennifer; great grandchildren Chloe, Cory James, Liam and Adeline; brother Wayne Kent; nieces and nephews Sarah (David) Wing, Matthew Kent, Ava Wing, Daniel Kody Kent, Kathleen Morgan several great nieces and nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins.

Ken was a life long dairy farmer who owned & operated Willowglade Farm in Pine Valley with his father where they bred and developed their beloved registered Red & White Holstein herd.

He retired from the U.S. Army, after 29 years of service, as Command Sargent Major of the 98th Division Army Reserve and a Vietnam War veteran.

Ken was an avid Ham radio operator "KA2LIM" and was caretaker of the Pine Valley Cemetery.

At his request, there will be no services.
    For those wishing, donations may be made to Homes for our Troops, 6 Main St., Taunton, MS 02780 (www.hfotusa.org).
    Published by Barber Funeral Home - Horseheads on Feb. 22, 2022.
    https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/kenneth-kent-obituary?id=33177055

KW4BY likes this.
  5. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU W2TXB

KA2LIM A GOD BLESS AMERICA 2021 new.jpg

KA2LIM 1 A VIETNAM HONOR.jpg

A FINAL SALUTE U.S. ARMY.jpg

KA2LIM 1 1 ARRL SILENT KEY LOGO BLUE.jpg

KA2LIM ARRL FLAG AND DXCC.jpg

KA2LIM VHF.jpg

ka2lim qrz.jpg 1 1 a arrl candle.jpg

6. K8JA

K8JA Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry To Hear About Ken KA2LIM .. Very Avid VHF Contester..
    During The Many VHF Contests Thru The Years , As I Swung My VHF And UHF Arrays To The East ,
    There Was Ken KA2LIM In FN12 Calling CQ Contest.
    Certainly Miss Him In That Regard...
    R.I.P.
    Jack K8JA

7. KN4SM

KN4SM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I too am sorry to see that an avid VHF contester like myself is now SK. I would be able to work K2LIM most often on Sunday mornings on 50 - 432 for my only FN12 multiplier
    R.I.P .
    Jerry KN4SM

K8JA likes this.
  8. N3AWS

N3AWS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Rest In Peace, Ken KA2LIM. Worked you in various VHF Contests. And thank you for your service in the Army.

KA2MWS likes this.
  9. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Kenneth Kent, KA2LIM, was also eQSL.cc eGrid award manager and Advisory Board member.

10. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

KA2LIM RESPECT FULLY VY73 djoaj ekrem

11. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

KEN WAS NO STRANGER TO THE FOLKS AT THE ARRL HEADQUARTERS.

upload_2022-6-28_10-28-0.png

RESPECTFULLY,

12. N2AU

N2AU Ham Member QRZ Page

Did not realize that Ken had passed away. Truly sorry to lose another friend. RIP Ken.

Art-N2AU