ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Keith Pugh, W5IU Silent Key

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, May 26, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Dit Dit Keith!

2. KG5SFT

KG5SFT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Never had the pleasure of talking with him. He seems to be very much loved as Im sure he was.

RIP Sir
    Vaya Con Dios

3. IZ3ZOL

IZ3ZOL Ham Member QRZ Page

Riposa in Pace

4. W5GJT

W5GJT Ham Member QRZ Page

We lost a great mentor.
    Keith, you will be dearly missed by the AMSAT community.

RIP my friend.

73 de W5GJT Gene James

5. LU8DPM

LU8DPM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

R.I.P. Keith....
    LU8DPM

6. M6KBH

M6KBH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

RIP Mr Keith (W5IU)... And My Condolences To Your Family

7. KJ5UF

KJ5UF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I first met Keith back in the 90s when I first got into RACES and SKYWARN he also ran an AMSAT net on 147.14 repeater Keith was a large part of the ham community in the DFW aera he will be missed .

8. KF5LKG

KF5LKG Ham Member QRZ Page

Will miss talking and laughing with you at our club meetings and miss you at all Cowtown Marathons and Benefit walks you have set up here in Ft. Worth all these years. Thanks for teaching me about the ham satellites and letting me climb at your house.
    I had finally just gotten all the satellite tracking system antennas after all these years of knowing you and was going to walk up the hill and over the bridge to your house and ask, What do I do next?

RIP my friend -

9. N0JSD

N0JSD Ham Member QRZ Page

Until it is time Keith, 73. May god be there for you.

10. PU2OLT

PU2OLT Ham Member QRZ Page

My regrets to the whole family of W5IU

Oliveira pu2olt
    SP/SP
    Br

11. G0WXU

G0WXU Ham Member QRZ Page

It is so sad to find that another gentleman Ham is now a SK. God bless Keith and rest in peace.

12. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's good to see another good and decent Christian ham who looked forward to meeting Jesus Christ. God speed Keith, in Heaven the propagation is always good.

13. KD7DFV

KD7DFV Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW - A few years ago Keith guided through our hosting an ARISS contact I was going to manage over here at a grade school nearby. I really loved and valued his experience & patience.
    You will be missed sir!

My very best,

Kevin Wesolowski
    KD7DFV

14. AE5EZ

AE5EZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I knew Keith virtually from the first day I came to work at General Dynamics Air Force Plant #4, about 34 years ago. He was a gentle and kind person who loved to teach. Truly a loss to generations now and to come. I was always glad to be able to sit at his table and listen to him and other senior engineers talk satellites, tower and balloon repeaters, rocket sondes, and antennas on Wednesday, luncheons at Smokes BBQ, and later Soda Springs Bar-B-Que. We also worked the Soviet MIR Space Exhibit with him. Keith saw that as a great opportunity to see how other cultures think about and approach engineering difficult system of systems problems. In the 90s he was all about the ISS.

We will all miss him dearly.

regards to all,
    Roger Carver
    AE5EZ

15. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is the scoop on services, to be held in Fort Worth, Texas:

A memorial service for Keith Pugh, W5IU, will be held at 2 p.m. on Thursday, June 6, in the Sanctuary of First Presbyterian Church with a reception following.

1000 Penn St, Fort Worth, TX 76102

fpcfw.org