Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by ON6KE, Jun 26, 2020.
I should spend it more but on what?
When I die my children will get it.
My parents left me nothing.
You do have a say, true. They release a product that is not ready and the buyer finds the bugs.
Icom has done very well on releases and deliveries, true the 705 should have came out right after Dayton but "we" all know what happened with the Chinese virus and parts.
The final price on the K4 hasn't even been determined yet, if you read it close. Just please send us a deposit!
Icom had never asked for any down payments or deposits.
When I talked to the elecraft guys in Feb they were making engineering changes to make the screen look like a 7610, so they were saying.
Supposedly there's a whole bunch of these K4s out there that have been n testing, but I have yet to talk to anyone yet. Hopefully somebody make a statement that has actually been testing one of these units.
. Hopefully someday the K4 will come out, in the meantime I'm using IC7610's and I'm VERY Happy.
Well used it use to be that way, but I've got rid of all my Flex's too
I'm waiting for the K5 to be on dealers' shelves.
I'm planning on building a radio one of these days. If you guys want to send me just one measly grand, I'll make one for you, too, when the time comes.
Spent a couple years deciding what amp I might rationalize. Finally decided on the KPA500 KAT500 combo kit. Waited until December hoping to get some kind of special. My thinking at that time was I might be able to pick up a cast off K3S as others scrambled for the about to emerge K4. Or even have the option of going for the K4 myself if I could bring myself to spend that much. Well now I ponder some of the other latest, greatest offerings thinking I could enjoy one now & get something Elecraft later. The recent unexpected events have kept me home & allowed my radio fund to build rapidly. But still I hesitate to splurge as the equipment I am now using is working well. I am also working on antennas & grounding in the mean time.
So recently I had three trees blow down & I robbed the fund to buy a 25 ton log splitter, a really superb chainsaw & some nice safety equipment. In a couple months I will have the fund built back. I suspect the same situation will have me still waiting. Maybe I'll get a K2 kit....that will kill some time.
Just think you could be waiting on an Omni. And waiting, and waiting, and waiting.........
News page on their website now show an expected ship date late this month or in August, depending on C19 business changes. They also expect the final prices to be close to the max deposit numbers for 2nd and 3rd batch orders.