Keeps going on and on, like Icom.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by ON6KE, Jun 26, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. ON6KE

ON6KE Ham Member QRZ Page

HA !!

upload_2020-6-26_10-12-18.png

K0UO likes this.
  2. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That was LAST November.
    The reason they don't set a price is they are trying to see what the market will bear.
    Then they want your money interest free (that was when banks did pay interest), if you want to invest in a company I buy their stock so I can participate in their success I just don't send them money.
    Flex is worse they sold their $7000 tuner with a free tuner and hams waited 2 years for the amplifier that is so loud people put in another room . And 3 years later no one has even seen the free tuner.

K4AGO, WD4ELG, K0UO and 1 other person like this.
  3. ON6KE

ON6KE Ham Member QRZ Page

"That was LAST November."
    So far for keeping people informed then.

K0UO likes this.
  4. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Pick a November, any November. I got better luck with green bananas.
    Mike N3PM

5. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

Free Beer Tomorrow

K0UO and WR2E like this.
  6. AC3GO

AC3GO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I can't understand why anyone would send them money, unless money means nothing to them:confused:

No radio means that much to me:rolleyes:

K4AGO and K1OIK like this.
  7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Does Elecraft have anything to do with Icom ?

Same Company, Different name or watt ?

Building your own radio would be a great experiment. See if you could build a better radio. ;) Call it Icraft.

K4AGO, KA4DPO, W3ATV and 1 other person like this.
  8. N3LV

N3LV Ham Member QRZ Page

November 2019 - they changed "November" on the website to "January 2020"
    January 16th - I (a deposit holder) received this email:

To all who have ordered a K4:

We apologize if you did not receive this email yesterday. Here is the email that we sent. If you have any questions regarding your order, please do not hesitate to email or call Elecraft Sales.

Our engineering and production teams have been hard at work these last months getting the K4 finished and ready for production. While engineering always takes longer than expected, we have also encountered longer than expected lead times on several key components. Needless to say, our manufacturing team is working hard with our suppliers to pull in the schedule for these long lead time parts. We've been successful getting a number of these lead times down and we are continuing to push hard on the remaining few items.

At this point, our current target for first production K4 shipments is April-May. We are working hard to get this pulled in and we'll post regular updates as we progress.

During the interim, we’ll continue to make refinements, add features and make software additions based on feedback from early testers, as well as those of you who’ve seen the K4 demonstrated at club meetings and hamfests.

We'll also start posting more detailed information on the K4, including pictures and screenshots of a number of features we've added since we first demonstrated the K4 at Dayton, including touch to tune to a signal, mouse click to tune, dual panadapter display mode showing A/B VFOs (same or different band), and integration of the K-Pod external tuning knob. We'll also post new external monitor screen formats as we add them.

Your amazingly strong response to the K4, including many orders with deposits, has proven invaluable in helping us move production forward. This vote of confidence in Elecraft is taken very seriously by our whole team. We're having a blast testing K4s on the air and are working hard to get them into your hands.
    We realize this delay may be of concern for some who have placed orders. If you wish to make any changes to your order, please contact our sales team at sales@elecraft.com and we'll gladly help you out.

We’re very grateful for your patience.

Eric, WA6HHQ
    Wayne, N6KR

May 19th 2020 - They issued this update https://elecraft.com/blogs/elecraft-news/k4-update

The current webpage you referenced lists July-August of this year, so:

On and On - yes
    So far for keeping people informed then - absolutely not

9. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

People send money to Elecraft for no radio so they can brag " I have a K3 but I also have a K4 on order " ..

W4IOA and K0UO like this.
  10. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

Where else can you have a say in the development of a product?