KeDei 3.5 inch SPI TFTLCD module - mounting ideas ?

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by AA7EJ, Jan 11, 2019 at 6:56 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
  1. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

It arrived with "snap together" RPi box. Not very useful.
    However, it has no mounting holes.
    No problem with "free style" prototype mounting.
    Eventually will use TFT, so I need a solid mount.

I am also partial to leave a air gap between mounting surface and module.

Looking for reasonable mounting ideas , silicone dabs comes to mind , superglue optional - I tend to glue my fingers together instead of the device.

"custom" 3D bezel?

Open to suggestions.

73 Shirley

2. K3KIC

K3KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a similar one. My plan is to make an adaptor assembly on my 3D printer that grips the board. Won't happen for a while as I have a lot of other work to accomplish before I end up making the enclosure.
    Do you have a link to the specific unit? The one I have it would also be possible to epoxy mounting tabs on it.

3. AA7EJ

https://www.google.com/search?q=KeD...AUIDygC&biw=1215&bih=862#imgrc=4FXttmZAhYfvJM:
    The "problem" ARE the permanently soldered headers - they are made to match RPi which makes it little of a challenge to mount it outside RPi box.
    For now I use those putty kinda of picture hangers to make sure it does not travel on my test setup.
    It would probably work permanently with just two strips on short sides - there are no components there.

When you get ready to code the 3D let me know , I like to learn more about it.
    I have "in works" European style train buffers as my first 3D project - 7 1/2 gauge model I have been playing with.

4. AA7EJ

Result of my morning walk.

The bezel could be kind of "vertically mirrored Z"

bottom left part to mount the whole thing to a panel and top right lip (smaller) to hold glued display.

I do not know the "character" to print the top right part.
    Here is not to scale view
    ___ top LCD lip
    |
    _ __| bottom mounting lip

(rats - of course it gets edited for so it does not make sense )

The bottom lip could have mounting holes or just glue it to panel too.