KE5KOF does not Ship the item you order.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N2RBI, Oct 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
  1. N2RBI

N2RBI Ham Member QRZ Page

Sent money via PayPal and never shipped my item. I had to start a dispute for the return of money. Waited 10 days and all I got was one excuse after another.

2. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Friends and Family?

3. WB7OXP

WB7OXP Ham Member Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

are you sure you have the call right? i donts see ke5kof listing any items for sale on the swap

4. WB4IVF

WB4IVF Ham Member QRZ Page

By any chance did the scammer reply to your wanted ad for a Kenwood 742A 6m Module, and ask that you do him a favor and use Family and Friends to help him save on fees?

Howard

5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Betcha it wasn't the real KE5KOF.

Yep, no bio, no email listed, just the kind of callsign the scammers like to use.

KF5RRF and KD8DEY like this.
  6. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

With a world-readable email address. Mods why just delete the ad/correct the OP regarding these WTB ads so we don't keep hearing the same old broken record.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  7. LZ5GM

LZ5GM Ham Member QRZ Page

I also payd for ic-706, via pay pal, and nothing

8. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sure that one of them was "I'm sick and my wife/sister/secretary is handling this for me"

Sorry you got tooken.

9. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

One fix is for QRZ to make all of the swap meet and swap meet related forums including this one for logged in users only.
    If a user is not logged in or you are a "New Member" or "QRZ Member" the swap meet forums would not be visible to you.

Only a"ham member" or "Subscriber" logged in would be able to se these swap meet forums.
    This would eliminate browsing the swap meet forums by the scammers, and users without a ham radio license and a QRZ account.

Just an idea, couldn't be any worse than it is now.
    Good luck everyone,

73, Lisa :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    N5PZJ, W5TTW, AD0AC and 1 other person like this.
  10. W6VE

W6VE Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice. My spidey-sense went off as soon as 'he' emailed me offering an incredibly reasonably priced Icom 7300 after I posted to another ham's For Sale ad. Asked for a picture of the rig with his call sign, just like QRZ asks, and got an excuse that his son helps him out with that and wouldn't be around for a couple of weeks. I told him I'd wait ;)

N6QIC likes this.