ad: Mountaingoat-1

KD5PCM

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KD5PCK, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD5PCK

KD5PCK Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure if this is the proper forum to post this. If not, maybe a moderator will repost somewhere else. Please don't delete this, though.

My name is Scott, KD5PCK. My father was Mike, KD5PCM. He left us in February of this year. It was a shock to all of us in the family and also to his extended family within the ham community. We are all still coping.

I am writing this with the hopes that someone out there in the ham community can help me out. I know of some hams that record their QSO's for various reasons. I am hoping that someone may for whatever reason have a recording of my father's voice.

I can still hear it sometimes and other times I forget what it sounds like. I am fortunate enough to be able to still access his voice mail from his cell phone and hear him repeat his name. But that is all I have... him saying his own name.

It would mean alot to me if I could come across a recording of his voice saying more. The subject matter really doesn't matter.

My father and I shared many things, but mainly ham radio. I cannot begin to tell you how miserable it is not being able to call him on the phone to tell him about something that is happening over the airwaves like we both used to do.

I am not sure if my Mom is ready to hear his voice again but it would sure be nice to have a recording for when she is.

If anyone out there has a recording of my Dad, KD5PCM, PLEASE contact me. I would be willing to pay any associated costs to obtain a copy of it from you.
    Thank you very much for your time.

Scott
    KD5PCK
    kd5pck@gmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.