ad: CQMM-1

KD5BQT Danny Burris SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KJ5T, Sep 14, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I did not know Danny personally but today I received a letter from his wife Charlotte (KD5HFQ) in response to a QSL card I sent for our 20 meter contact in July of 2021 that Danny passed away on September 6th of 2021. I am sure that those who knew Danny personally are aware of his passing but I did fell it was appropriate to make a remembrance thread here for him as there wasn't an existing one. His wife mentioned in her letter that Danny really enjoyed talking on the radio.

RIP Danny.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Danny R. Burris, KD5BQT SK

[​IMG]

Danny Ray Burris, 68, of Smithdale, MS, entered into his heavenly home, Monday, September 6, 2021, at Merit Health Rankin Hospital in Brandon, MS.
    A private family funeral service will be held with Bro. Jack Whittington officiating. Burial will follow at Greenlawn Memorial Park in Natchez, MS.
    Danny was born October 24, 1952 in Natchez, MS. He was an avid hunter, fisherman, and an amateur radio operator since July, 2 1997. He loved his savior Jesus Christ, family, friends, and bluegrass gospel music.
    He was employed by Lincoln Lumber Company in Brookhaven, MS, as a security guard.

Danny is preceded in death by his parents, Aaron Henderson Burris and Maidee Lou Dillon Burris, and stepmother, Zuleika “Judy” Smith Burris.

He is survived by wife of 43 years, Charlotte Ann Inmon Burris of Smithdale; one sister, Linda Dianne Burris of Baton Rouge, LA; two step sisters, Shirley Smith of Meadville and Annette Ainsworth (Donald) of Natchez; one step brother William “Bill” Smith of Meadville; Mother-in-law, Mary Louise Inmon of Natchez; and beloved nephews, nieces, and cousins.

Pallbearers are Jake Morris, Matt Woods, David Wright, Sabastian Wright, Michael Shipp, and Purvis Wilson.
    Due to CDC recommendations, it is required that all family members wear masks.
    Please share condolences at sharkeyfuneralhome.com.
    https://www.sharkeyfuneralhome.com/obituary/danny-burris

3. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

KD5BQT hi danny respekct fully vy73 djoaj ekrem