ad: Alphaant-1

KB2DPD - "I've Been On, Now I'm Gone" - 73 OM

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WA2NLL, Apr 3, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WA2NLL

WA2NLL Ham Member QRZ Page

While most of you who frequented the repeater or 2 meter simplex never met him, no doubt most of you spoke with Gerry Musella, KB2DPD. I first spoke with Gerry on the LIMARC repeater back in 2005 when I received my technician ticket. Although I had been involved with amateur radio back in the 1950s and 60s when my father Henry was very involved with the Hudson Amateur Radio Council (HARC) and the New York Radio Club, I was for all intents and purposes a “newbie” and probably a “LID”. While most people on the repeater would tolerate me, both Gerry and Lew Reinberg W2BIE welcomed me and chatted with me frequently. Those of you who were familiar with Gerry no doubt recall his “Gerryisms”. “Those young fella are the breaks of naval air”. “I’m the first one they look for and the last one that they want to talk with”. “Not too bad for an old man and pretty rotten for a young one”. But who can forget “I’ve been on, now I’m gone”. While at times Gerry liked to “stir the pot”, he had a very endearing soul. If he knew that you were going through some rough times, he would “give you a landline” to see how everything was. Despite the outward persona that he tried to project of not caring about anything, he deeply cared about most things. I recall him telling me about his childhood in foster care and the tutelage that he experienced under Sam Ginsburg who was a store owner in Gerry’s old neighborhood. The thing that Gerry valued the most in life was his family. When his wife Jo (KB2DOT) passed away, he was devastated. I recall him saying that he was 99% sure that she would never leave him, but he always left that 1% “just in case”. He and Jo were blessed with two wonderful children, Ruth and Andrew as well as two grandchildren, Leah and Marcello. Gerry was a big fan of old-time radio programs and had an ongoing “love affair” with his Google Assistant and Alexa which he used to listen to his favorite stations. It was through him that I developed an appreciation of these relics of a bygone era. Gerry left this earth on December 29th, 2019 and things will just not be the same without him. We would chat daily and he would always end our conversations with “Give my regards to Ellen”. Rest in peace Gerry. “KB2DPD is clear”.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Gerard Musella, KB2DPD SK

Gerard Musella Birth Date: Nov 12 1939

Death; Sunday, December 29, 2019

Obituary not available.

To send flowers to the family of Gerard Musella, please visit Tribute Store
    Visitation
    2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
    Thursday, January 2, 2020
    Krauss Funeral Home
    1097 Hempstead Tpke
    Franklin Square, New York, United States
    516-352-2080
    Entombment
    11:15 am
    Friday, January 3, 2020
    St. Charles Cemetery
    Wellwood Avenue
    Farmingdale, New York, United States
    https://kraussfuneralhome.com/tribute/details/907/Gerard-Musella/obituary.html#tribute-start

3. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU RICH

kb2dpd.jpg

========================================== 1 A candle_animation_1_.gif

RESPECTFULLY,

4. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Josephine Musella, KB2DOT SK

Josephine Musella
    1939 - 2017
    Obituary not available.
    Josephine Musella
    Date Of Death: Tuesday, December 12, 2017
    Krauss Funeral Home Inc
    https://kraussfuneralhome.com/tribu...orderBy=service-date&search=Josephine Musella

Visitation
    2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
    Thursday, December 14, 2017
    Krauss Funeral Home
    1097 Hempstead Tpke
    Franklin Square, New York, United States
    516-352-2080
    Need Directions?
    View Map | Text Directions | Email Directions
    Visitation
    7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
    Thursday, December 14, 2017