Kantronics Host Master 2 Plus

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by WB0MM, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB0MM

WB0MM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Its been five years since the last time I used my Kantronics Kam Plus, its been packed away.
    I was going to hook it back up and use it but I can't locate my Host Master 2 Plus program.
    Its been a long time since they even sold the program. Any ideas where I could find Host Master 2 Plus?
    Also wondering if there are any other programs that I could use to run the Kam, something windows based?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    N9YDZ Mark

2. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Mark -

Hostmaster II Plus, version 3.11 was the last version.
    The programmer that developed these DOS/Win95 programs is no longer developing software.

When you get to 64 bit Windows, DOS-based programs will not run under it in Native Mode.
    CSS Digital Desktop is the 32-bit software replacement, which can run under 32-bit and 64 bit MS Windows versions.
    http://www.w4pcsoftware.com

You can download the Kantronics Demo version, to "try before upgrading"
    http://www.cssincorp.com/download/roc/setupkan.exe

BTW, future versions of HamRadioDeluxe will likely easily incorporate Kantronics and Timewave TNCs/multi-mode controllers.
    --
    w9gb

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  3. WB0MM

Thank you Greg for the info.
    I've never heard of CSS Digital Desktop. I will head on over to that web site and take a look.
    73 om
    Regards,
    Mark N9YDZ

4. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

FYI, 3.99 does interface with DM-780. So you can have all the digital modes with your TNC now.

5. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WinWarbler, the digital mode component of the free-ware DXLab Suite, can control your KAM for CW and RTTY operation. When operating RTTY, your KAM runs in parallel with a soundcard RTTY engine (MMTTY), yielding point-and-click tuning with AFC, and the ability to decode two RTTY signals simultaneously.

DXLab is available here

Dave, AA6YQ

6. WB0MM

I'm trying out the ROC now for kantronics. Looks like a great program. Also just downloaded HRD 5.1 but havent installed it yet.
    Thanks for the info.
    Mark N9YDZ

7. WB0MM

Thanks Dave.
    Ill check into the DXLab, winwarbler. I believe I may have winwarbler installed on my other computer.
    Appreciate the tip.
    Regards
    Mark - N9YDZ

8. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Mark -

You did not mention the firmware version (EPROM) that is installed in this Kantronics KAM Plus.
    IF you have an early verison, you can upgrade (V 8.2 was the last/latest) with access to an EPROM burner.
    http://freemansgarage.com/blog/?p=153

==
    w9gb

9. WB0MM

Greg the firmware version is 8.2.
    That's a good web page with all the firmware versions.
    I also have an older Kam Plus with a white case. Ill have to get it out and see what firmware version it has.
    Maybe I can update it.
    Regards
    N9YDZ - Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.