ad: M2Ant-1

[Kachina] 505DSP to be Discontinued

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, May 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

From the internet...

Hello All,

Yes, it's true. I am sorry to report to you that effective 5/24/01, Kachina Communications, Inc. will discontinue production of all HF radio products, including the 505DSP and its related accessories. As you may know, many of the top management of Kachina are hams, so this has not been an easy decision to make. However, given the reduced worldwide demand for amateur radio in general, and HF radio in particular, it seems the only sensible choice for us to make.

From discussions with some of the top contacts in our industry over the last several years, it has become obvious that most companies manufacturing amateur radio products these days (including the top Japanese brands) do so out of a labor of love, supporting the losses from other more-profitable ventures. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources of a Kenwood or Yaesu, and simply cannot afford to support an unprofitable product line indefinitely.

Kachina Communications, Inc. will remain in business in Arizona, as we have done for the past 25 years. In future we will concentrate on our Swift Wireless line of broadband wireless Internet products and services. Swift Wireless operates a wireless Internet service in several Arizona communities and provides turn-key services to other ISPs throughout the Southwest. We will continue to provide service and spares for all Kachina HF radio products for the forseeable future, and will honor all factory warranties through the duration of the warranty period.

The amateur radio products remaining in our inventory will be made available through our web site at clearance prices, so if you are looking for a bargain, check there beginning May 25th.

I would like to thank all of those who purchased the 505DSP over the last several years. I am sorry that we could not continue to manufacture the 505DSP, but we will do our best to continue to provide service to you in the future. I would also like thank Sherman Leifer of M&S Computers, who was a big supporter of the 505DSP for a number of years, and singlehandedly sold more 505DSP than all the HRO and AES outlets combined. Sherman and I do not always see eye-to-eye on everything, but his efforts and abilities kept the 505DSP alive for a lot longer than it might have otherwise been.

Thanks and best regards,

Cameron Earnshaw Vice President Kachina Communications, Inc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.