ad: chuckmartin

KA4KSB

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W1HBO, Nov 20, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1HBO

W1HBO Ham Member QRZ Page

It is with great sadness to report the passing of my Elmer, Bill Dickerson, KA4KSB.

Bill was a Vietnam Veteran, serving in the USMC for 22 years. His Auxiliary Military Radio Station call was KA6AD.

He finished out his career as a Police Officer in eastern North Carolina and started the K9 unit in New Bern, NC. He was an excellent CW operator and was his preferred mode of operation. He helped countless operators over the years, sharing his CW skills and knowledge. Check your logs and don't be surprised to learn that you've worked him! He also volunteered his time as Net Control Operator of the Maritime Mobile Service Network and other nets. It was always gratifying to hear his booming voice on 14.300.

Bill was a larger than life figure to me (and most people) and I would NOT be in the hobby without his help. I use his old FT1000MP almost daily. He was the very epitome of what an Amateur Radio Operator is supposed to be and the hobby itself has suffered a great loss with his passing.

Please check out his page: https://www.qrz.com/db/KA4KSB

Thanks,

Howard, W1HBO

Atlantic_Beach_PD.jpg

2. W1HBO

3. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

HI HOWARD,

THANK YOU FOR POSTING BILL'S OBITUARY INFORMATION.

YES..... FOR SURE........ HE MUST OF BEEN A GREAT ELMER.

WE ARE VERY SAD BECAUSE BILL WAS A LONG TIME MEMBER OF
    THE CFO CLUB. HIS CFO NUMBER IS # 436.

https://groups.google.com/g/chicken-fat-operators-club?pli=1

OVER THE YEARS, BILL AND I HAVE HAD MANY FB CW QSO'S.

I REMEMBER HIM TELLING ME THAT HIS DAD WAS A
    RADIOMAN IN THE NAVY DURING WW II.

PLEASE ACCEPT OUR CONDOLENCES FROM THE CFO CLUB MEMBERS.

73 - K1LKP

4. W1HBO

Thank you and condolences to you and all of your members as well. I'm pleased you saw my post!

Howard, W1HBO

5. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

6. W4LJ

W4LJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

RIP Mr Dickerson.

7. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

hi BILL KA4KSB respect fully vy73 djoaj ekrem

8. W4QDV

W4QDV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very sorry to learn of Mr. Dickerson's passing. He was my very first CW contact upon my deciding to get back into ham radio is Feb. 2020. He was patient and kind to this would-be CW op, slowing down to a good speed for me and offering to schedule more QSO's. He was one of the great Elmers. I'm blessed to have "met him" on the air. Rest in peace and we'll meet in person in that big hamfest in the sky.
    Dave Price W4QDV
    Powder Springs, GA