ad: TinyPaddle-1

K9JEB PC-6 Power Connector Kit Build

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6F, Jun 12, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you in need of an inexpensive PowerPole distribution block to run power in your shack or out in the field? K9JEB.com has the PC-6 Power Connector Kit that allows you to hook up 6 different items. It is fuse protected with a fault light, and has a USB module for charging phones or other items. Whether you are new to kit building or a seasoned pro the PC-6 Power Connector Kit will do the job. This PowerPole distribution block kit will NOT break the bank either.

K9SS, KK5SPT and VA2SS like this.
  2. AA5BK

AA5BK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good stuff! Thanks!

WJ6F likes this.
  3. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

No. Power poles are horrendous - and liable to cause damage to equipment. I tried them once, never again.

4. W8SDD

W8SDD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Fantastic Product and easy to build. Works like a charm!

WJ6F likes this.
  5. K6MCS

K6MCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You can't just leave that hanging out there and not say why! Why are they horrendous and how can they damage equipment? I really need to know now...

WJ6F, K3RW, W1AST and 1 other person like this.
  6. W8SDD

W8SDD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

K6MCS I have been using power poles for the 30+ years and have never had any problems.

W4FBI, WJ6F, W1AST and 3 others like this.
  7. KG8LB

KG8LB Ham Member QRZ Page

8. KG8LB

KG8LB Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck

Me too, used thousands of Anderson Powerpoles over the years with zero issues. This guy strikes out, his very first time at bat and quits!
    Some folks can break a crowbar in a sandbox, have yet to find out how they did it.

WJ6F, KD2WJP, KY4IT and 2 others like this.
  9. K5RSB

K5RSB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I am sure pretty sure Anderson Power Pole have prevented a many of people from hooking up their radio power backwards. I never had a problem out of power poles in the two years I've used them. The only Cons to me are than they are a little pricey but well worth it especially for a emergency quick plug and play set up .

W8SDD and WJ6F like this.
  10. NA8Y

NA8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

I just bought the crimper and the insertion tool. With these addons to your collection it changes your powerpole experience. The ability to make a solid crimp is a game changer.

If you dont have the crimper. Id agree. Anderson power poles can be frustrating.

photo_2021-07-13_07-33-00.jpg

W8SDD likes this.
  11. KT9Q

KT9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021