ad: UR5CDX-1

K8VWX Roy Werner SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K8ATF, Dec 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K8ATF

K8ATF Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Roy W. Werner, K8VWX SK

COLUMBIANA – Roy W. Werner Jr.,91, of Columbiana died at 6:40 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9 at Good Samaritan Hospice at Heritage Valley Hospital, Beaver, Pa.

Mr. Werner was born Oct. 21, 1928 in East Palestine, a son of the late Roy and Mary McLaughlin Werner Sr., and had lived in this area most of his life.

He owned and operated Werner’s Service Station and was currently working for Ace Hardware in Middleton. He served in the U. S. Army during the Korean War.

His wife, the former Gladys Ellen Baker, whom he married May 14, 1955, preceded him in death March 22, 2010.

He is survived by a sister, Mrs. Dolores (Paul) Vojnovich.

Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 13 at the Warrick-Kummer-Rettig Funeral Home, Columbiana, with Pastor Roger Burdick officiating. Burial will follow in Crest Haven Memorial Gardens. Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, at the funeral home.

Memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude Children’s Hospital. Sign the register and send condolences at www.familycareservices.com.
    https://www.salemnews.net/obituaries/2019/12/roy-w-werner/

3. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU LEE,

animated Flag QRZ PAGE.gif
    =. KOREAN WAR BADGE.jpg
    ======= SALUTING.jpg
    =. A SPIRITUAL DOVE NEW.jpg
    PRAYING HANDS WITH RAINBOW.jpg
    ========= candle_animation_1_.gif

RESPECTFULLY,

4. K1LKP

THANK YOU TERRY,

THIS POSTING IS BEING DONE ON BEHALF OF WA8ATF - TERRY.

Roy was a great human being, elmer, & elaborate old school builder.
    His passion was A.M. take note of the beautiful Roy built plate transmitter.

k8vwx2.jpg

royk8vwx.jpg

RESPECTFULLY,

5. KA8GEF

KA8GEF Ham Member QRZ Page

God Bless Roy...a professional, a perfectionist, a genuinely caring and generous man. Respected and loved, he will be missed but always remembered....

Emil
    ka8gef

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  6. K1LKP

THANK YOU EMIL FOR THOSE VERY THOUGHTFUL WORDS.

RESPECTFULLY,

7. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

One of the AM greats, you will be missed.

Carl

8. N8OVL

N8OVL Ham Member QRZ Page

I hadn't heard him on radio in few years, a very knowledgeable ham. He will be missed.

9. K1LKP

THANK YOU ED FOR YOUR VERY KIND WORDS.

RESPECTFULLY,

10. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

hallo ROY mein lieber herzliche beileicht --K8VWX-- vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

11. K1LKP

THANK YOU EKREM FOR YOUR KIND WORDS,

RESPECTFULLY,

12. W4ANT

W4ANT Ham Member QRZ Page

As a wide eyed kid interested in radio, I would go over to his place after school and listen to him work DX or run a phone patch for a local woman who would talk to her son in Germany. I studied and Roy gave me my Novice test in 1973. He was a great builder and A-1 operator. As can be said about many, Roy forgot more about electronics than I will ever know. He will be missed.

Side bar - Roy's family had an online auction to dispose of his radio assets. Part of the auction process was a "preview" evening of the lots for sale a couple days before the auction. To the person who removed ( after the auction photos ) the 5000w Bird slug from one of the Bird 43's and took two of the four 3-500z's from the box of 4 tubes I bought, I hope you enjoy them. You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm good on QRZ if you care to make peace with yourself.

W4ANT

13. WZ8J

WZ8J Ham Member QRZ Page

Honored to have known Roy the past couple years. The loss is felt in our daily AM group on 3695. How am I now going to know how many cycles I'm off frequency? :)
    We miss you Roy.