K7ELJ - Took Money, Never sent radio

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KI6CDJ, May 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI6CDJ

KI6CDJ Ham Member QRZ Page

2. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

This guy has fair amount of history on the Zed over the last year and a half. I would not have expected a problem.

What kind of excuses were you given? What was your payment method?

3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

4. N9KTW

N9KTW Ham Member QRZ Page

I noticed something interesting in the pictures. On K7ELJ's page here, the call sign license plate is orange background with black letters, and appearing to be in good condition. In the pictures posted in the ad , the background is white, and there appears to be rust or some "artifact" around the edges.

I did (just for fun) check the Oregon DMV, and found that the current ham plates are black letters on orange background.

Is it possible that "ELJ's" account was hacked?

I dont have a "horse in this race", just noticed a couple things in the pictures that didnt look right

de Howard, N9KTW

5. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I can pretty much guarantee that his account has not been hacked.

6. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

So an older rusted License Plate is an indication an account might have been hacked? Seriously have someone calculate the odds for you. If I had an older License Plate (no longer on the vehicle), that is the one I would use as ID for any photo. Should he have gone out to the vehicle and removed the newer one for every photo shoot?

The strange part is in the link by AJ4GQ where K7ELJ claimed that a payment received as Friends and Family amounted to a loan? Wow. That is a new one. Perhaps not a scam, but not cool either.

Is K7ELJ in a tough spot right now? If he posted another For Sale item today on the Zed, would it be allowed to stay up?

A non-ham is not allowed to post in the For Sale area. Should a ham having trouble following through on their sales be allowed to post there?

7. KE7PUP

KE7PUP Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! Hard to believe Eric (k7elj) Would do something like that. I've know him for a long time and know he is a man of his word. Last I heard from Eric on the air a week ago and then found out a night of fun cause got him a 3 DWI and will definitely regret it !

8. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that his 3rd DWI ? Is he still in jail and that's why he hasn't responded here?

WR2E likes this.
  9. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's artifacts from the flash. License plates with the reflective background will light up like a flash..when hit by a flash :) Try it and you'll see what I mean.

10. KI6CDJ

KI6CDJ Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the conversation history.

Attached Files: