ad: Radclub22-1

K6ZOA, Anna Horn

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by N7IBC, Dec 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N7IBC

N7IBC Ham Member QRZ Page

I only knew Anna, K6ZOA as a voice on 80M, 3.900 late in the evenings.
    She was always there, and had a lot of friends on the west coast HF network.
    She was a net control person for a couple of nets, who lived by herself in Paradise, Ca.
    She lived with her cats, and her family was pretty much the guys on the radio.

They spoke very highly of her, and I never heard her say anything bad about anyone.
    On November 8, 2018, that all changed.
    She was able to escape the Camp Fire with basically a change of clothes and a couple of days of medication, running on foot, to be picked up and driven out the area by another person fleeing the fire.
    She lost her cats, her home and went to live with family somewhere near Red Bluff I was told.

Two days ago, I was told by another 3.900 operator that she had lost the battle and passed away, probably from what could be described as grief, coupled with medical issues. Her home was gone, her animals were gone, and her way of staying in touch with people, via ham radio was no longer there.

I do know that many Hams in the Northern California area were trying to get her some HF equipment so she could get back on the air, and kudos to them for trying to do that.
    I know she thought highly of those guys.
    Again, I did not know her personally, but only as a voice on the radio, like so many others I have had to pleasure to meet over the last 34 years.
    73's Anna, K6ZOA-

N7BDY, M0DPX, WJ4U and 1 other person like this.
  2. AC6S

AC6S Ham Member QRZ Page

I echo Carl's sentiments. She was very active on several Nets and was always there to pass traffic. She exemplified the Amateur Radio Operators mission, respected and loved by many. 73 Anna!

3. M0DPX

M0DPX Ham Member QRZ Page

I never spoke to Anna, but i would listen to her on 75mtr almost every morning over here in the UK. Very sad to hear of her passing .R I P Anna

4. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

:( that's sooo sad

W7XLR likes this.
  5. AA6KI

AA6KI Ham Member QRZ Page

Heartbreaking.

Jerry AA6KI

W7XLR likes this.