ad: ProAudio-1

K6FM, Jan Möller, SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by AC7DC, Dec 9, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. AC7DC

AC7DC Ham Member QRZ Page

It is our sad duty to report that our friend Jan Kuno Möller, K6FM, ex-K2DT, ex-FO0JM, ex-SM5XH and ex-SM5ZZ, is now a Silent Key. He passed away peacefully in his home in Colfax Washington. He was 99 years old.

We knew him for two years, during that time he told us much of his life and his contributions to amateur radio. He was born in Sweden and in 1948 he published “Amatörradio : en bok om kortvågsradio som hobby”, translated from Swedish to English- “Amateur Radio: a book about shortwave radio as a hobby”. This book was the equivalent of the ARRL Handbook in Sweden.

In 1950, he came to the U.S.A. and worked as an electrical engineer. He wrote other books, was an avid DXer, and participated in many ham radio clubs wherever he lived. He will be missed.

Skål Jan!

K6FM.jpg

Jay-N7ZUF and Anita-W7DRN

N4FZ likes this.
  2. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU LEE,

A PRAYING HANDS WITH RAINBOW and god rest his soul.jpg

========. A candle_animation_1_.gif

RESPECTFULLY,

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I could not find an Obituary, or Death Notice, but have honored Jan as SK.

4. K2FT

K2FT Ham Member QRZ Page

Jan was my Elmer in 1972 I became WN2GWB . I will miss Jan. He was a smart ham, Fantastic Engineer Who could solve many problems. A friend who I will miss. He would QSO on 20 meters to his friends in Sweden, Spoke Fluently in German as well as English and of course Swedish. I graduated High School in 1976 with his son Lars.

KL7KN likes this.
  5. KB7CFV

KB7CFV Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to here of Jan, K6FM passing.
    Jan was President of the NADX club one year (source NF7E), during his residence in the Flagstaff, AZ area.
    Jan was 1 of 3 primary engineer's that developed the Gould KS (Bell/ATT) round cell lead acid cell used in Telco offices, 2.1 vdc, 1470 Ahr per cell.
    Jan was one of the Novice and Technician class instructors in the 80's and early 90's.
    He will be missed.
    Condolences to Jan's family and friends.