ad: k1jek

K5VT, Vinson Thompson, MD

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K7FE/SK2017, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K7FE/SK2017

K7FE/SK2017 QRZ Lifetime Member #1 Platinum Subscriber Life Member

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I must report to you on the passing of Doctor Vinson Thompson, K5VT. Vince passed away at Thunderbird Hospital at 11:30 a.m. Saturday April 24.

More details will be forthcoming. Vince found out at the end of February that he had Acute Myeloid Leukemia and has been in the hospital ever since undergoing intense chemo. Vince passed away in a matter of weeks after his diagnosis.

He practiced medicine for 40 years, saved countless women’s lives in his practice. He was the doctor that doctors went to see because of his excellent skills.

Vince was a member of the DX Advisory Committee for the ARRL. He was 67.

Please say a prayer for him and may he rest in peace.

Good DX Vince.

Posted for Gary K8BN

2. UA6JD

UA6JD Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I meet Vince once when he visit Russia .
    really good guy
    Rest In Peace
    [​IMG]

3. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I never met him, but I spoke to him on the phone a few times some years ago. I sent Romeo Stepanenko and his entourage to Vince when Romeo was touring the US.

Vince was a respected DX'er and DXpeditioner. Another great ham has passed away.

73 Vince

4. N4UQ

N4UQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! What a shock to read this. I worked on a bunch of Alpha amplifiers for Vince over the past several years. One just recently.
    He was always a gentleman.

-Dick

5. K4NIN

K4NIN Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sorry to hear....

I had purchased a rig from Vince just a few months ago. I had read about his involvement with the W.H.O. (as I recall). It looked like he had dedicated his life to helping others around the world.

I made sure I thanked him for that in our conversations via email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.