K5TYP--Keesler AFB, Biloxi MS

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by N3AWS, Jun 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. K5OP

K5OP Ham Member QRZ Page

I had planned on working FD 2020 with Jackson County Amateur Radio Club again this year, but right now I don't know what's going to happen. MSCARA has been talking on the air about how they might have to cancel FD as a club because of COVID-19. They might setup on private property. I would like to do something in a club environment but just don't know yet how things are going to pan out.

2. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

The January 2021 Digital QST just went on-line and I was pleased to see that Ernie W5OXA (SK)’s QSL card is one of those featured in the W1AW QSL File on page 32. What a great way to honor Ernie who was the MS SM back in the mid 90’s!

Jim N3AWS

3. K5OP

K5OP Ham Member QRZ Page

Trying to get an amateur radio club started back up on base again for the students and perm.party and all of the civilians, and retirees. Keesler just started a new concept to get people on base more active in social activities, and clubs. Check the page out https://www.keesler.af.mil/Keesler-Connections/

Still needing someone who can help with being the trustee of the repeater. Last info I heard was the Spectrum Management was planning on pulling the repeater out of the hospital and tossing it in the garbage, along with the antenna. Not cool....