K5TYP--Keesler AFB, Biloxi MS

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by N3AWS, Jun 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. K5OP

K5OP Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry I didn't catch this until now. Barry didn't do much here except a little wind and we had a few hours of down pour from the north feeder band. No real damage or floods etc. The most damage was the sand blown all over Hwy 90. While I'm on here and thinking about it. I got a bit of news to pass along. Last week I had a chance encounter with the drug testing program manager, who happens to also be the building custodian for locker house. We had a long and promising conversation. He verified for me that all of K5TYP's equipment etc. was still in the same rooms since the last time it was active. He's granted access to come by and look at it any time he's there. I'm a little busy right now but one of these days soon I plan to drop in and just see what the condition is. He did seem receptive to the club being active again.

N3AWS likes this.
  2. W8DM

W8DM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I’m still around. I work for FEMA and deployed around the country quite a bit. I am in Lincoln, Nebraska right now with the flooding. I “should” be back in Biloxi area the end of August.
    I spent a year in Sacramento and was often on Travis!
    73 Don W8DM

N3AWS likes this.
  3. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Don! I remember you as "KD8RP" back in the early 80s.

4. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Don!

Great to hear from you!

JIm

5. W8DM

6. W8DM

Yes, old call. I’ve had W8DM for about 14 years now! I’m from WV so kept an 8 land call.

7. W8DM

Hello to you too! Good to hear from the gang again!

8. N3AWS

I retire Sept 30. We're looking at reviving K5TYP.

K5OP likes this.
  9. N3AWS

Does anyone know if you can still send an... "I'd like to get in touch with...." through QST or ARRL? might find a few potentially interested folks....

73, Jim

10. K5OP

K5OP Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that a member option? I can't find anything on the public side of the website. My Dad is a member but I haven't had a membership in a while. Something I need to remedy I suppose.

73, Jimmy